free website stats program What's wrong with me? | Harley Davidson Forums

What's wrong with me?

Apyle

I'm having a rough time getting motivated to get the fxr out of storage. It needs a good cleaning and probably a battery. Is it pure lazyness or is it the fact I really didn't even ride it last year?

I'm having a rough time getting motivated to get the fxr out of storage. It needs a good cleaning and probably a battery. Is it pure lazyness or is it the fact I really didn't even ride it last year?

I get lazy every now and then..............get it out and take it for an hour or two ride and you'll feel better.
It's always what the doc ordered.

If riding is something that you really enjoy and this is how you have been feeling ...well then I would say go to the Doctor as there may be a hidden cause. If not then I would say to get off your kister,change the oil, pre-ride inspection, alittle shine and then ride like the wind. Time waits for no one and one day later may be too late!

Apyle; could it be the winter blah's got you blue???:newsmile077:

I went through a similar situation a few years back, but all it took was for me to re-prioritize "my time" & part of this was adding weekly rides into the schedule. Understand if riding's no longer at the top of you priority list, but maybe break the bike out of storage, give it a good bath & go riding. Then, if you're still in the same mode/mood, maybe time to think about another hobby.

Hope you break out of this slump...:newsmile011:

Maybe you're just sad (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Shorter days, and crummy weather put a lot of people in this mind frame. It should improve soon. However if you really didn't ride last year, you might want to figure out why. Do you think the bike may be unreliable and break down? Afraid of having an accident? Tired of the same bike? Pull the Fx'r out and give it a good cleaning, and do some maint., you may get fired up to ride. :s
If none of that works, do what I did, go and plunk a chunk of cash on a new bike. That got ME riding again.:laugh

I'm the same way at times, mostly in the Winter. Sometimes you have to force yourself to get started and before you know it your having fun.

It will all come back to you when you fire that beast up

My dad once left his bike in storage for 5 years. Someone came along and offered to buy it, so he sold it. 2 months later he couldnt beleive that he let it go, so went out and bought another one.. that never gets put into "storage mode".

I think you're all right winter has stunk here. Saturday night looks like the night to get the thing cleaned up and running. Fluids changed and maybe I'll feel better.

I think you're all right winter has stunk here. Saturday night looks like the night to get the thing cleaned up and running. Fluids changed and maybe I'll feel better.

Good choice - get working on the bike & out on a ride - you'll kick those winter blues. If it makes you feel better - we woke to "plate size" snow & 33-degrees this AM so another gloomy day in Eastern NE.:newsmile08:

Back