free website stats program What's wrong with me? ('07 Dyna) | Harley Davidson Forums

What's wrong with me? ('07 Dyna)

dynarider

Hey! Dynarider's bike here, and I ain't feeling well. I have been in the shop for 4 days and counting. I'm a stock 96" bike but having trouble with cruising to stopping without dying. I can go if my knuckleheaded rider gives me throttle so cruising is the bomb! When I have to come to a stop, idling becomes a problem unless I get a little gas until I get used to idling again, but this is an intermittent problem. Luckily the H-D tech doctor was able to duplicate the problem, but he hasn't got any diagnostic codes! The H-D doctor is now waiting for Milwaukee's diagnosis. I'm up a creek!

So, please give me your opinions, comments, remarks, dirty jokes, dirogitory remarks, etc.

Thanks!

I'm in New Hampshire. It's got me wondering. They were consulting H-D last Friday - nothing yet as of lunch today.

It doesn't seem to matter with fuel level. I think they checked fuel pressure. I heard the injectors are off on decel, and it's like they stay off unless you crack the throttle a bit. I have caught it from stalling and it went ka-pop like during start up. Sometimes the idle hangs up a bit before settling down. It's weird, the idle hangs up or idles too low.

Hey! Dynarider's bike here, and I ain't feeling well. I have been in the shop for 4 days and counting. I'm a stock 96" bike but having trouble with cruising to stopping without dying. I can go if my knuckleheaded rider gives me throttle so cruising is the bomb! When I have to come to a stop, idling becomes a problem unless I get a little gas until I get used to idling again, but this is an intermittent problem. Luckily the H-D tech doctor was able to duplicate the problem, but he hasn't got any diagnostic codes! The H-D doctor is now waiting for Milwaukee's diagnosis. I'm up a creek!

So, please give me your opinions, comments, remarks, dirty jokes, dirogitory remarks, etc.

Thanks!

Sounds like the IAC motor isn't reacting fast enough to let enough air in at 0%throttle. I've seen this way too much lately but if the wires are pulled tight to the IAC it will give you an intermittent problem, sometimes the connector has a bad connection on the 4 male to female spades, or simply a slow acting IAC motor. The tec can watch the IAC steps on the digital tec or do a recorded run then view the problem on the data screen.

Oh yeah, you mentioned the idle stepper motor once before in the other thread where I mentioned a low idle. I wonder what is taking them so long to figure it out.(?)

As long as they don't tell you "they all do that" they may eventually hit it on the head but Doc 1 gave you some food for thought if they don't figure it out. Looks like we all agree on this one.

Thanks for the responses!

I haven't spoken with them yet today. Apparently, the tech has put some miles on it with it stalling early and then going 40 miles without a problem. I'm giving them a call and asking about the IAC, and logging some data.

Back