free website stats program What's up with this? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's up with this?

Simple test.Only effective when it's really bad though.Open the gas cap.Listen at filler.Turn on ignition.As the pump primes you'll hear fuel spraying all over the inside of the tank.If it's very bad you'll see it.Harley can't do anything for you until it's broken at this point.

Just tried this. No noises when ignition turned on. Noise for about 2 seconds when switch flipped to "RUN." Then silence. Seems like it passed the test for now. One further question - my tank was just about full, will this test be more effective with the tank almost empty to hear if any fuel is spraying and hitting the side of the tank?

Well today on my way from town my RG started to sputter, choke, spit and die. Re-start it sounded like it was going to explode. Called my HD and said for them to come and get it. Lucky I was able to get to California Hogg works, my wrench, and while waiting for HD he looked into the gas tank. While looking into the tank he turned the ignition switch on and guess what. It was shooting gas into the tank as if it was peeing. Strong hard stream. HD called me and said my bike was the third bike they have had with the same problem. I smell a re-call coming. My 07 Ultra with 20,000 miles never let me down. Oh, shoot I think I'am regressing, a Dr. might be in order.

Back