free website stats program What's up with my cousin? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's up with my cousin?

Went to a small bike show this week and saw/heard a variety of cruisers driving around (Victory, Honda, Kawa, Yama) & the only ones I turned my head to look at were all HD. Something about that roar...:rider

at 64 you have learned well to hold your tongue and not let your emotions be drawn out, I'm learning still. My brother lives in Las Vegas and has a Kawasaki Concours parked in my garage we like to rib each other about the different bike choices, but it really comes down to the "style" of riding you enjoy. When we are motoring down the road, we are just thrilled to be spending time together doing something we both love. We are both over 50.

You're lucky that your cousin's brother isn't your cousin too.:D
How's that work? (never mind, I reread the title).

Maybe he has taken a lot of abuse from HD owners about his choice of bike and he decided it was pay back time with you. Or, maybe he is envious, misinformed, etc. Regardless, you handled the situation in a mature manner and maybe he will learn something from your example.

My regular riding partners ride: Suzuki Intruder 1500, Yamaha FJR 1300, and 2001 Deuce. While us two Harley riders regularly tease the others, it doesn't bother us at all what they ride. The four of us have put lots of miles on together.
By the same token, a neighbor across the street has a 2006 GG with less than 10,000 miles on it, and a neighbor down the block has a GG that never comes out of the garage, then there's the guy with the big yamaha around the corner who parks the bike on his front walk, but I've never seen him actually ride it. Oh yeah, another neighbor has what looks like a Dyna sitting in his driveway right in front of his garage. It's been there for a couple of months. Complete with black 1/2 helmet perched on the right hand mirror.

Doesn't matter what the heck you have, if you don't ride it. :(

Well, others here have been nice. I will tell you what I believe to be the truth. Sorry, but your cousin has zero class. I can't say on here what he really is....... Anyone who willfully trashes anothers scooter regardless of make has no class or respect. You can't pick your relatives, but you can choose who to hang with. I would put a big X on him. JMHO. :s

doesn't matter to me who I ride with. The only thing I watch out for is their riding style and safety attitude.

My son says he enjoys riding his Ducati with me, says he can't hear his chain. LOL! But I tell him he looks like a monkey on a football. I'm too old to try laying on a tank, neck does not like the angle. I remind him he'll be a old fat man looking for comfort soon enough. He does enjoy the comfort of mine when I let him take it for short runs.

Last edited by a moderator:
did it ever occur to you that he just might prefer the harley only a bigger one
My older brother is one that if he doesn`t own it , its no good .
after ragging on me about my new bike vs his neigbours goldwing he asked If I had a picture of my new one , took one look at my 09 ultra - eyes bulged, jaw dropped & he shut up , after 50+ years finally shut him up . I know he wants a new bike but his wife has him tied tight.

Back