free website stats program What's The Problem? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's The Problem?

Aye jack its getting to take the engine to bits time unless we have missed something

Brian

I read something someplace on here about scissoring and crank shaft runout, vibration increaces with RPM. If you can find that it may help.

I read something someplace on here about scissoring and crank shaft runout, vibration increaces with RPM. If you can find that it may help.

That's what I was afraid of. Only mods done to the bike was rejetting. Bike ran really good. I was having a lot of fun with it. I guess it ran too good. I redlined it once maybe twenty times. :bigsmiley10: I guess that may have caused the problem. :cry

Where is a good place to get parts?

Thanks guys for all your help.

As i am in the uk anywhere i use for parts may be a little bit high on the shipping charges

VAT Free Harley Davidson Parts

but they have scanned some parts lists and have them on the site so you may find any hd part numbers you may need
they are on the island of jersey which is closer to france than england but are part of the uk but have there own tax laws and dont charge vat (sales tax) as they are part of the eu we in europe are liable for the vat applicable to the place or purchase our vat in uk will be 20% as of 1 jan so every order is 20% saving

Brian

I must have done something wrong with my bike because it is not a rubber mount engine and I have so little vibration I can't tell at times that I am on a bike. However, I have had some issues with vibration with my bike. First I discovered that the tank that I bought for it had the rubber mounts loose on the backside of the tank which caused it to hit the top of the rocker box. Second, my engine combo was incorrect plus I was not running baffles, Reversion). I redid my engine and invested in the locktight company and PRESTO no more issues.

I would go and put the best gas that you can find and add some octane boost and go run the (EDIT) out of it (without redlining it). could have some badly gummed valves and heads.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys for the info.

I do believe that I will try a major tune up before I get to deep. I really don't hear any noise from the crank or bottom end.

I hope it works.

JB2 I will try the octane boost and run the gum out of it.

Back