free website stats program What's The Problem? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's The Problem?

Check the tires for wear and check the pulley on the tranny, some times on the belt driven ones the pulley will shear the keepers and start to walk off a bit, HD has a retro fit for this, I have fixed a few of these, Capital Jack

Check the tires for wear and check the pulley on the tranny, some times on the belt driven ones the pulley will shear the keepers and start to walk off a bit, HD has a retro fit for this, I have fixed a few of these, Capital Jack

Jack,

As for the tires, there's no problem. But as for the tranny, how would that affect the vibration in neutral?

Jack,

As for the tires, there's no problem. But as for the tranny, how would that affect the vibration in neutral?

It shouldnt, just thinking too much, best bet is to check all mount bolts they will wiggle loose just for some thing to do, but if you have a belt take a peek @ the tranny pulley every once in a while just because

make sure when you are checking all the engine mounting bolts that the ones on the head to the frame are good also you will need to get the tank off to be able to get to them all
and get both ends the bolts on the head steadies at the engine end and on to the frame

Brian

from all that has been said on this thread it all points toward the excessive vibration coming from the engine and if the engine unit is firmly attached to the frame then it is not caused by the engine moving about in its mounts it almost has to be coming from the internals of the engine
have there been any modifications done to the bike just prior or around the time you first noticed the problem
otherwise I'm getting stuck on this one

Brian

Back