free website stats program What's the difference between the FLSTF & FLSTFI? | Harley Davidson Forums

What's the difference between the FLSTF & FLSTFI?

COOL! Thanx for the quick get backs. I didn't receive any of the "normal" manuals, or bike information when I bought it. The guy I bought it from said it was a FLSTF, but the intake cover says Sequential port injection. Was going to run the VIN cause can't the intake cover be bogused?

What year is it? Yeah, the AC could be bogus, but I think anything after 2007 is fuel injected. I could be wrong about that year. You can easily tell by looking. Is it carburated or not?

It's the 100 year anniversary. It's dressed up something purtty. (One of the main reasons I made the purchase because less I would have to buy and install.) I think it has injector lines, but once again, she's got lots of chrome goodies. I'll call my local HD shop and see by running the VIN. I want to buy a few extra goodies, but some parts are made solely for the FLSTF and others for just the FLSTFI...must be pretty important to know what I got! Thanks to all who responded.

I just bought an 06 FBoy, it is fuel injected, so it has to before that. Thanks for clearing that up though I also did not know what the I meant

t's the 100 year anniversary. It's dressed up something purtty. (One of the main reasons I made the purchase because less I would have to buy and install.) I think it has injector lines, but once again, she's got lots of chrome goodies. I'll call my local HD shop and see by running the VIN. I want to buy a few extra goodies, but some parts are made solely for the FLSTF and others for just the FLSTFI...must be pretty important to know what I got! Thanks to all who responded.

Lets see some photo's

I have a 2006 FLSTF and it carb. The inject ones are FLSTFI as someone has all ready mentioned.

Pics have been posted.
Ran the VIn ...Got it! FLSTFI.
Thanks to all who responded. Here's to you!:cheers

Back