What's the difference between the FLSTF & FLSTFI?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by cigarcat, Jun 30, 2009.

1. cigarcat

cigarcat New Member

Just wondering....

2. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

One is fuel injection, the other is not.

3. cigarcat

cigarcat New Member

COOL! Thanx for the quick get backs. I didn't receive any of the "normal" manuals, or bike information when I bought it. The guy I bought it from said it was a FLSTF, but the intake cover says Sequential port injection. Was going to run the VIN cause can't the intake cover be bogused?

4. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

What year is it? Yeah, the AC could be bogus, but I think anything after 2007 is fuel injected. I could be wrong about that year. You can easily tell by looking. Is it carburated or not?

5. cigarcat

cigarcat New Member

It's the 100 year anniversary. It's dressed up something purtty. (One of the main reasons I made the purchase because less I would have to buy and install.) I think it has injector lines, but once again, she's got lots of chrome goodies. I'll call my local HD shop and see by running the VIN. I want to buy a few extra goodies, but some parts are made solely for the FLSTF and others for just the FLSTFI...must be pretty important to know what I got! Thanks to all who responded.

6. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

If you have a fuel petcock (fuel shutoff , reserve) it's carbed if not it's EFI.:s

7. jrauen

jrauen Member

I just bought an 06 FBoy, it is fuel injected, so it has to before that. Thanks for clearing that up though I also did not know what the I meant

8. wildman9

wildman9 Active Member

t's the 100 year anniversary. It's dressed up something purtty. (One of the main reasons I made the purchase because less I would have to buy and install.) I think it has injector lines, but once again, she's got lots of chrome goodies. I'll call my local HD shop and see by running the VIN. I want to buy a few extra goodies, but some parts are made solely for the FLSTF and others for just the FLSTFI...must be pretty important to know what I got! Thanks to all who responded.

Lets see some photo's

9. Jubal

Jubal Member

I have a 2006 FLSTF and it carb. The inject ones are FLSTFI as someone has all ready mentioned.

10. cigarcat

cigarcat New Member

Pics have been posted.
    Ran the VIn ...Got it! FLSTFI.
    Thanks to all who responded. Here's to you!:cheers