free website stats program what's the coldest weather you ride in | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

what's the coldest weather you ride in

6 of us rode from Pennsylvania thru New England to Nova Scotia last June. Rode for 11 days, 6 of which were rain and cold. Got down in the 30's in Cape Breton Park with hard rain. Great trip though and we met some great people. We all said we would do it all over again.

I went for a ride Yesterday. It was 54* with a slight Breeze here in SE Corner of Az. 50 miles above Mexico...

I traveled a south direction on Hwy 191 and never felt it warming up like it usually does...
BUMMER as I had on my no-linner deer skin gloves. Too Cool for me... Made a "U" Turn and went back home... A 70 mile round trip is not much of a ride where I am located...:( Usually need 200 or 260 to feel I have a completed round trip. Tombstone to Sierra Vista, around to Naco, then Bisbee and return home, is a good amount to ride...

I had on enough layers under my leather BUBBIE SKULL PATCH Jacket though... Warm upper and Carhartt double front heavy denim pants... all Toasty but the hands...geezer told me to dress better for Our annual ride last year when he was down... ;) I said My gloves do just fine. (NOT) lol... Getting out my Heavy's for the next 50* ride tho...:)

You just don't imagine it can get that cool here in the 11 am part of a day. YES, I AM SPOILED...

Many in other areas of our country would LOVE to have it that COOL as I call it... Spoiled is what it "IS"........

signed....BUBBIE

going to be 55 , can't believe it , were did go , I still feel 30 thank GOD never been sick , still tearing it up 8 hour work day's in a young man game. like I said I give all thank's to GOD.

you can get rechargeable heated glove's 4 hour time on battery for $89 on sale and a vest for $109 with 6 hour heat time, the battery's can be recharged up to 1500 time, at heated winter gear .com they only sell one glove and vest so you don't have to go crazy looking for it.
Thanks for the info, I went on there and ordered a pair of gloves and got a coupon code for another 10% off so I got a pair for 80 bucks.

No riding today or several days. 26 degrees with wind chill ~ 15 brrr, supposed to get around 20 tonight, the fire will be roaring:)

I don't go riding if it is cold, below 40 lets say, but I have been riding and needing to go over a mountain pass and stopping to put on the heated gear because it gets close to freezing. And it sure is excieting to come around a turn to find compact snow because the trees kept the road shaded.

It does but usually only lasts for a day or 2. Temps rebounding into the 60s and 70s by Tuesday:)

My heated gloves are HD ,from Gerbing, got the gloves and jackets back in 04, never have had a problem with them.
The original owner now has a new business called
Gordens heated gear.

Back