free website stats program What's the best way to tell the wife? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's the best way to tell the wife?

May I say I think you made a wise choice....I think the mountainfest is a great idea...I dont have the pleasure and responsibility of children so you are in a much different situation than I...Good luck with things....Mat

Well since the original post she hasnt said much about the whole trip idea. We are due to have our second child in April and I know once the new baby is here she will not want to leave the baby for a whole weekend and I think she is thinking the same. Once she fully comes to the realization that being away from the kids and of course the $$$ involved with the trip is not realistic then she will be the one to cancel the trip (and I will act soo disappointed but understanding). In the meantime I am slowly introducing the idea of me riding to mountainfest in VA which is a mear 70 miles and falls on my birthday weekend and I would be back that evening.
WAP.gif

Wow - how did you neglect to tell us that your wife is 7 months pregnant? :p

I would think a plane ride in that condition and then walking around a museum wouldn't be a lot of fun for her. She must really love you to even make that offer.

I think your latest idea is the best one. Save some money for the new baby, save her from doing something that doesn't really interest her, and then you can go to VA pretty much guilt free.

Wow - how did you neglect to tell us that your wife is 7 months pregnant? :p

I would think a plane ride in that condition and then walking around a museum wouldn't be a lot of fun for her. She must really love you to even make that offer. .

Well the trip wouldn't have been until late July (my birthday) so the baby would be 4 months old. Which makes me that much more confident she will nix the trip because she was so nervous about our first child that she didn't let anybody but myself or her babysit until our daughter turned one. So I don't see her leaving the baby for a whole weekend at that age.
WAP.gif

I had a similar situation happen some years back and I thanked her for the thought but I suggested that perhaps it would be better if we did something together that we both could enjoy and could she make any suggestions? Well, she came up with a trip to Florida in late winter to visit my folks in The Villages. We had a blast and we got to do it together. I point out that the HD 110th anniversary is coming up next year and maybe you could work out a trip with your buds and kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone! Do the museum and an event like that together. Just a thought. I have never seen where honesty was not the best policy with mine. Good luck!

I see here, There ARE Two Sides To every story... And a lot Not told up front.:s

God, Family, Friends, Motorcycle in my book's order...:D

Now, I'm going for a Ride... Glad it got Resolved...:kissyou:rofl

signed....BUBBIE

Back