free website stats program What's the best way to tell the wife? | Harley Davidson Forums

What's the best way to tell the wife?

Adamal47

My better half told me today that she wants to take me to the HD museum in Milwaukee for my birthday. She is not into motorcycles at all, she actually hates my bike, but would go and pretend to be interested for my sake. I said awesome I really wanted to go on a long bike trip this year. She said no we would be flying there and getting a hotel room and make a weekend out of it. Now here comes the problem. Yes, I would like to see the museum, but this is not the way I envisioned it. How do I tell her I appreciate the gesture but I would rather go alone or with buddies and ride our bikes? I'm a large guy and sitting on a plane halfway across the country to see a museum with someone who won't enjoy it just doesn't appeal to me.

I'll second that. Be honest with her.

If you and your buddies ride to the museum, then do something in return for her she would enjoy.

I agree with Harley38. The truth is always the best route and I'm sure she'll appreciate if you do something for her that she equally loves.

My better half told me today that she wants to take me to the HD museum in Milwaukee for my birthday. She is not into motorcycles at all, she actually hates my bike, but would go and pretend to be interested for my sake. I said awesome I really wanted to go on a long bike trip this year. She said no we would be flying there and getting a hotel room and make a weekend out of it. Now here comes the problem. Yes, I would like to see the museum, but this is not the way I envisioned it. How do I tell her I appreciate the gesture but I would rather go alone or with buddies and ride our bikes? I'm a large guy and sitting on a plane halfway across the country to see a museum with someone who won't enjoy it just doesn't appeal to me.
Wow, sounds like she’s a little controlling. As others have said, just be honest and tell her straight up. In addition, you may offer an alternative plan. How about: You would rather spend the evening with her at a nice candle light dinner and a movie (Ghost Rider :rofl). OK choose another mmovie. :D

IMO you don't tell her that. She is willing, as you put it, "go and pretend to be interested for my sake". What a great woman! She is willing to spend a weekend doing something she may not even enjoy, for you.

You should pack your bags, drive to the airport and enjoy the plane ride for her sake. It cannot take that long to fly there from Pittsburgh. The weekend will probably be allot more fun with a woman that wanted to be with you, than a few of your friends.

Who knows, this might actually break the ice with her and your bike, next year the 2 of you might ride to the museum together (we can dream can't we).

JMHO

Buy her a brand new 2012 Harley!
Nah, just kidding. I would tell her how you feel about it and go from there.

Your probably right futurerider. Realistically with my schedule the way it is I probably won't have another opportunity to travel out there for quite some time. If she is willing to put up with the bike the I can put up with the plane ride. It's not the fact of her with me that's the problem it's the whole flying thing. I feel like I'm being cheated out of something. Its like flying to sturgis and renting a car. Just feels wrong.

P.s. believe me if I could get her on a bike I would but I've been trying for years and it ain't happening. Long story but she is not a fan of motorcycles.
WAP.gif

Going on 26-years happily married myself & the best advice = talk it over...keeps the weeded bliss balanced...:D

Back