free website stats program What's the best thing to clean whitewalls? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's the best thing to clean whitewalls?

Try Greased Lightening, very good cleaner and won't hurt aluminum, I have not tried it on whitewalls, don't have any.

Try Greased Lightening, very good cleaner and won't hurt aluminum, I have not tried it on whitewalls, don't have any.

Very good cleaner and de greaser, I use it alot with simple green and tons of hot water

Simple Green and a stiff bristle brush works good as well. But nothing beats Black Walls.

I used to feel the same way...but I have turned into my father. :15::newsmile070: I was arguing with my husband last week over ordering tires for our classic car, and once I found out that 3" whitewalls were available...there was no other choice. :D

And guess what was on the porch when I got home Wednesday? 4 Brand new Coker tires with 3" whitewalls. :) It helped when everyone we asked all said go with the 3's with no hesitation. :s But hey, it is a 1933 Cadillac that originally had 5" ww's.

If you can take a little humor. ask the wife to help and say it only one small job. You clean the rest of the bike she only has to clean the white walls.:):D:s

67wizard 04:46 PM Today
Community Star
If you can take a little humor. ask the wife to help and say it only one small job. You clean the rest of the bike she only has to clean the white walls.

That's funny, just might use that!
WAP.gif

It's a chore keeping them clean, is there anything that can be used to make the task a little easier? Maybe a homemade concoction , I have tried purple power but it doesn't clean them as good as I want, even when using a scrub brush .
WAP.gif

Yes it is a chore but the white walls provide the classic look I like. The bike just wouldn't be the same with black walls.

That being said, nothing makes the bike look worse that dirty white walls. The whole bike can shine but if the tires are dirty it will still look bad.

Just stick with it, The best thing to do is not let them get real bad. Wesley's tire bleach is the best. Mr Clean magic eraser and Simple Green are also helpful, I use all three as necessary.

Magic eraser does the job faster and easier than anything else.However it does shred as You use it.

Back