free website stats program what's the best softail model? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

what's the best softail model?

Back in the 80's I had a Hardtail Triumph, 6' over sportser front end, king Qeen seat with maybe one inch padding on the king part, and no sissy bar. We lived in northern Jersey. I had to yell (over the drag pipes) to the Ol'Lady every time we were about to go over railroad tracks.... HOLD ON!!!!
My 93 solid mount Heritage Softail does not come close to the ride of the new ones, but I don't have to yell about rail road tracks any more.
Softail for the ride

so why do I still miss my Chopper?

I'm going to quote myself because I'm a bone head and forgot to say which one is better.

The best riding softail I have been on was a 06 Fatboy, but my 93 Heritage Rocks! (and shakes and rattles).

So the 93 Heritage is my favorite. :D

Its a bute...... but its not a model in the softail line, right? I can't go buy a non-cvo convertible....or am I missing something.

Imo, its gorgeous, but is it a Fatboy, no. its got a full front fender. Is it a Heritage, no. its not all dressed out. Its like some weird softail mutaion. Dont get me wrong, take the bags off and the corny fairing and its awesome.

It is a Softail. It's just that it is a CVO, so it has all the bells and whistles. The FLSTSE2 says it all. It's a Softail Screaming Eagle 2nd generation. It has a 110 engine, alarm, keyless ignition, etc.

I love my 07 Heritage Softail Classic. (FLSTC) I can ride it all day and not feel beat. Lots of people like to take pics of it too.

It's the softail custom for me, Fell in loves with it as soon as saw it. Rode it out of the showroom the same day. :bigsmiley24:

Back