free website stats program Whats the best Horn for FLHTCU | Harley Davidson Forums

Whats the best Horn for FLHTCU

bbold1

I am looking for advice on getting a much louder horn for my bike (1991 Electra Glide Ultra Classic) between my pipes and the regular noise of traffic my stock horn is hardly noticeable! I really want to be heard when it comes time for me to let someone know they are about to pull out in front of me which seems to happen more when I ride than when I drive my pick up.
are ther any good regular electric horns out there or should I go with an air horn, The latter seems to me to be the best way to go. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Bob ( bbold1)

There have been two times that I used my horn, both times it were accidentally used as I was going to put my left signal on to change lanes. Scared the snow out of me. Two times I went to use as someone was coming into my lane, and I managed to put the turn signal on.
Just thought I would put that in.
From what I have seen, you can never go wrong with an air horn.

I like a set of Cadillac horns from an older car myself. They get the attention when needed and cheap to come by.

Strebel Nautalist horn....139 db sounds like a demented trucker

I mounted mine on the engine guard.... but, I don't have lowers.... I believe it would still fit with lowers

I have 2 Fiamm "Freeway Blasters" (hi & low tone) on my FLHTC. They are about $17 ea. at many local auto stores, and a relay is $6. You MUST use a relay to get max sound. Mine were anemic until I added the relay. I used the strap mounts that came with them, to the front tank bolts, each side.
They are loud, but not the loudest I have ever heard.

I am looking to do a horn upgrade also. I plan on installing a Lenale fan so the stock horn location is out. I have a nautilus that I never installed on my last bike (they are NOT attractive so really need to be hidden in my opinion) . I may try to mount somewhere but if I cant find a place to fit that I might just do the dual Fiamms behind the right saddle bag area....Rivco makes a mount kit for electric horns that goes on the right swing arm I may just try...anyone used it? Definitely use a relay and larger guage wire on a new horn if you want max sound...bigger wire=less loss in resistance of the wire=more sound...

I like a set of Cadillac horns from an older car myself. They get the attention when needed and cheap to come by.

A C Delco used to be OEM supplier to HD Love the sound of the Caddy horns and they are adjustable:s

Just put Wolo Bad Boy air horn in the stock location. Not waterproof, but for 39.95 at Harbor Freight I dont care. About 118 DB

Back