free website stats program What's on your fairing? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's on your fairing?

Thanks RichardS. I sometimes, well mostly, joke around, but your fairing treatment is awesome and a testament to how you live your life. Congratulations Sir.

I have a Memphis shade and wanted to put one of the chrome skulls from Kurayken on it but it is too small so I am going to have it put on the fairing either by painting or vinyl decal.

RichardS, that is the best fairing that I have seen to date, love what you did to it with the lights too. :bigsmiley11:

Mine is still stock, but someday plan to put something on it.

I have an 09 Road Glide. I'd love to find someone to paint shark teeth on my shark nose fairing. Something like the teeth on the planes flown by the Flying Tigers in WWII.

Well......since you asked.....

This was done in several stages that took almost 6 months to complete.....

03UltraFront6.jpg

Here's a full view:

(In this pic you'll notice the crosses painted on the sides of the center pic and on the front fender....the idea was, obviously, a Christian theme. I try to never "preach" around here but Jesus is my Saviour and I owe everything I have to Him, so this was one small way to honor His many gifts to me. Now that's all the "preachy stuff" you'll hear out of me for ANOTHER few years, and I only did it now to explain my choice of artwork. I'm just not the "holyroller" type! :) )
I have seen a lot of bikes with a Cristian theme, yours is by far the best.
Kudos for standing for what you believe.

I'd be curious to know how much you paid to have that painted. Also, how many clear coats were applied and the type paint used. It's nice to see airbrushed renderings that dont have the usual black boarder line around the subject matter. A lot of artists do that as a short cut. Problem with that shortcut is that it can look like a cartoon with that black boarder line. Yours is very nicely done and I'll bet the artist had another hand in that as well from up above.

zoood/RJ

Well......since you asked.....

This was done in several stages that took almost 6 months to complete.....

03UltraFront6.jpg

Here's a full view:

(In this pic you'll notice the crosses painted on the sides of the center pic and on the front fender....the idea was, obviously, a Christian theme. I try to never "preach" around here but Jesus is my Saviour and I owe everything I have to Him, so this was one small way to honor His many gifts to me. Now that's all the "preachy stuff" you'll hear out of me for ANOTHER few years, and I only did it now to explain my choice of artwork. I'm just not the "holyroller" type! :) )

03UltraFront1.jpg

And here's a tight close-up:

03UltraFront4.jpg

The pics don't really do the artwork justice as it is very 3-Dimensional and lifelike. I know it's not for everybody but I march to the tune of my own drummer. What's been wonderful is all the 1%er's over the years who have asked to have their picture taken next to my bike or have their child sit on the bike for a photo. I have a couple chapter prez cards in my wallet from guys who have said "He turned the other cheek....we don't. Call if you ever need anything at all".

That's a nice feeling. That a picture of someone most people recognize inspires such kindness.

EDITED TO ADD:

Almost forgot!

Those pics were taken before my recent "Winter Project"!

Here's what the fairing looks like NOW! I added a lot of lighting in the hopes of achieving a "framed out" look to the artwork.

DSCF1235.jpg

UltraComplete9.jpg

DSCF1227.jpg

Did I accomplish that? I think so! Anyway, I decided to show the "Before and After" lighting pics to illustrate what's possible with not just artwork but MoCo accessories and how much it changes the whole look of the bike. Hope these pics help!

This is Fourdogs neat fairing setup:

It is a Hoppe...his is a Road King "turned Ultra..."! Eye candy to be sure...!

In his words:

P1050905.jpg (85.7 KB)
P1050909.jpg (61.4 KB)
P1050910.jpg (51.3 KB)
Hoppe Fairing.jpg (104.1 KB)

Don't tell my wife I did not clean up the garage before I took the pics I'll get yelled out. lol The last pic is why my friends call my bike the Ultra King...also I can pop off the Fairing and the tour pak and put on my sissy bar and waa laa back to the road king. so it makes it like a convertible lol.

I even heard Hoppe makes one for a Sportster...if you want to outfit it like a King...? Crazy Fun!

I took my fairing and front fender in to the paint shop last week. Since I have a white bike, I felt I needed something on the front. Here is an example of what I plan to do. It won't be exactly like this but similar.

Attachments

• fairing3 design.jpg
    fairing3 design.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 24
Back