free website stats program Whats new???? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Whats new????

Well, let's see. My wife has shown an increased desire to start riding, so much in fact she wants her own bike and is taking Rider's Edge class in Feb. That is wonderful as far as I'm concerned.

Well last Thursday we went to the dealer and she sat on some bikes and we looked around a bit. The whole time she just has this look on her face like something is wrong, and she keeps telling my sales guy that I want a new bigger bike. I keep saying no I'm fine and think nothing of it.

We get in the truck to head home and she tells me, you are going to trade in your Sportster for something that I can ride with you. I couldn't believe my ears (the Sporty was 2 months old....) but there was no talking her out of it.

So on Friday morning I went in and made the trade for an '08 Street Bob. Seems to be the perfect bike for us, plenty of comfort for 2 up and the same bad arse look of the Nightster. I've only added the black fin bits, and the passenger pegs, quick detach sissy bar and Night Train horn cover. I'm working on exhaust, A/C and tuner, just need to make up my mind.

There you have it, that's what I've done so far in the new year. :bigsmiley8:

Nothing new on the bike's. We built the new house. Moved in 1 month ago. Pic attached. Getting the 40 x 60 shop ready. Pouring contrete in half of it in the spring.
Yes, thats Ice

Attachments

• PC110004.jpg
    PC110004.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 16
so sad, not being able to add any more stuff to your bike......;))
Lucky me, my husband is in the same situation and has resorted to buying stuff for my bike. I got the security system, as far as chrome, I'm happy......:D

Oh yeah, I'm getting over the fact that the other stuff I want says "fits softails except FXSTD" :31:

Thanks!! Um, no.....nothing new for quite some time, well that is until she is ready for hers. :s

Mine was the one that got me into riding street bikes she had her license before i did and she got me the riders edge for my BDay, she refused to ride on the back of mine and of course i refused to ride on the back of hers (INSERT JOKES HERE) Soo we both came out of the dealer that day with sportys, hers a 1200 XLC and mine a 1200 XLR we rode them for almost 2 years. The wife had a minor accident that involved totaling her sporty (snapped a bolt off in the neck of the frame from her highway bars) 6k in labor and parts later. well in 2 weeks she had the check in hand and was in the harley dealer, she bout a 02 Dyna chromed to hell and back and with in a month and a comment from a rider in our group of ohhh whoos lile sporty (AKA MINE) i was in the dealer ship with in a month and bought an 07 street bob. i love it and its a sweet ride much nicer than that of the sporty. sooo we have been doing odds and ends to the dynas since in 2 years we had the sporty for the most parts where we wanted them.
sorry for the long post

Hey Chuck,
Not inserting a joke, But if I had the chance to site in the back and have her tool me around once an awile, I could deal with that! I would not be to proud.
I keep asking her to take a ride on the new bike and she tells me if she is going to get on one, it will be her own bike!:majesty

Back