free website stats program What's in your tool bag? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's in your tool bag?

Hello CSM. First I want to thank you for your service to our country. Were you airborne? I was in the 82nd, 101st and 173. Was in airborne 6 years and then taken off jump status and sent to Germany to help deactivate units for redeployment to Nam.
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet and lots of guys wouldn't use one if they had it, is a tire plug gun. The type that injects the little mushroom black rubber plug. No glue used. And 3 or 4 of the little air (CO2) cartridges w/valve adapter. I've seen guys pop in a plug like that and then wear the tire out, but I would use one only as a temporary fix to get me to a place where I could get the tire properly repaired or replaced. A Small Mag light might be helpful also.
Mac2000HS

I read the Gliders recommended Tool Kit.

"Emergency repair barrel for the clutch cable(has 2 screws that clamp the cable for a temp repair)."

What is this repair barrel.. There is all sorts of info on the web , but no pictures.

I have seen to many HD's stranded (Friday the 13 event in Port Dover) due to clutch problems.

Anyone with more info in this repair barrel.

Back