free website stats program What's he tellin' me? | Harley Davidson Forums

What's he tellin' me?

injunwil

i recently removed all my turn signals (05 1200 Custom). i just cut the wires, capped 'em with electrical tape and tucked 'em away.

now when i turn the bike on, both my signal indicators (on the instrument panel) flash a few times, like hazard lights. OBVIOUSLY, my first guess was it's just cuz i cut them off. here's the weird part tho - i didn't start til about 2 days AFTER they were removed. i'm still thinking it might be the lack of signals, though, because for the 1st 2 days i never forgot and accidentally pressed the signal button. it was after i tried to activate the non-existant signal that it started doing it.

so, i'm inclined to think it's just tellin me that i have a problem with the signals, but i'm worried that the signal might just be coincidental and this might be an error code for something serious and i'm ignoring it and chalking it up the the removed signals.

does any know what the bike is trying to tell me?

thanx

It's telling you that the TSSM/TSM senses there is an unbalance/change in the light circuit that isn't normal from the absence of the lights. It's setting a code from it so the indicators blink.

It's telling you that the TSSM/TSM senses there is an unbalance/change in the light circuit that isn't normal from the absence of the lights. It's setting a code from it so the indicators blink.

cool, that's what i was hoping. i was just concerned that maybe there was another issue and i was chalking the code up to the signal, too soon. the biggest factor was that it didn't do it the first day, but i guess that's because i never tried to activate them? does that makes sense, that it wouldn't notice the change until i tried to use them?

Back