Whats a good repair manual for my dyna

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Cruzin Papa, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Cruzin Papa

Cruzin Papa Member

I plan on doing my maintenance myself. I'm pretty good at turning wrenches. But I would like to have a good manual to have on hand. I have always liked Chilton manuals on autos I've been working on. But don't think they make one for bikes. I'm sure Harley makes one but I figer it would be high priced. Thanks for the help. Rick

2. USMCCWO5

USMCCWO5 Junior Member

3. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I agree. The Factory Service Manual for your bike's model and year should be your first up-grade. If you want to make it easier to make sure you are getting the right part when you go the counter or order on-line, get the Factory Parts Manual for the bike too.

Turning the wrench on your bike within your abilities is the BEST way to go IMHO. That way, you will have no doubt what was done (and no one else to blame)!! But the best thing is when you get your pride and joy back on the road after getting her through some problem and know that YOU are the one that did it!!

TQ

4. Cruzin Papa

Cruzin Papa Member

Thanks for the info guys.:bigsmiley23:

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

HD Manual ONLY!!!:D

6. Ice62

Ice62 Member

Yep HD manual is well worth the money...

7. freebyrd

freebyrd Member

yup, hd manual .got mine from a guy on another message board for twenty bucks or maybe check ebay
    freebyrd

8. Northwest LowRider

Northwest LowRider New Member

HD is the best manual for the Dyna...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  9. Maestro-SA

Maestro-SA New Member

HD's shop manual is the only way to go - I've had mine for almost 16 years now and haven't regretted it at all. One bit of advice though, I took all the pages out and put them in sleeve protectors in a 4 inch binder. This protects the pages from becoming greasy, torn, or otherwise mutilated. I have kept installation instructions for all after-market parts I've bought over the years and keep them with the shop manual.

10. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

I agree. Get the HD manual. It is great.