free website stats program Whats a good repair manual for my dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

Whats a good repair manual for my dyna

Cruzin Papa

I plan on doing my maintenance myself. I'm pretty good at turning wrenches. But I would like to have a good manual to have on hand. I have always liked Chilton manuals on autos I've been working on. But don't think they make one for bikes. I'm sure Harley makes one but I figer it would be high priced. Thanks for the help. Rick

For your HD there is only one worth buying you will find it at your HD dealer all the others fall short

I agree. The Factory Service Manual for your bike's model and year should be your first up-grade. If you want to make it easier to make sure you are getting the right part when you go the counter or order on-line, get the Factory Parts Manual for the bike too.

Turning the wrench on your bike within your abilities is the BEST way to go IMHO. That way, you will have no doubt what was done (and no one else to blame)!! But the best thing is when you get your pride and joy back on the road after getting her through some problem and know that YOU are the one that did it!!

TQ

HD's shop manual is the only way to go - I've had mine for almost 16 years now and haven't regretted it at all. One bit of advice though, I took all the pages out and put them in sleeve protectors in a 4 inch binder. This protects the pages from becoming greasy, torn, or otherwise mutilated. I have kept installation instructions for all after-market parts I've bought over the years and keep them with the shop manual.

Back