free website stats program What's a good cam for a 2009 Road Glide? | Harley Davidson Forums

What's a good cam for a 2009 Road Glide?

bobbeidel

I'm thinking about a cam change for my '09 RG with a 96 cu in motor. I've read about the ANdrews 48H and SE255. I'm looking for something to get me a little more umph for 2 up but nothing too extreme! What would you guys recommend??
Thanks

I'm thinking about a cam change for my '09 RG with a 96 cu in motor. I've read about the ANdrews 48H and SE255. I'm looking for something to get me a little more umph for 2 up but nothing too extreme! What would you guys recommend??
Thanks

Harley Davidson Community Many more good reads in the self help section:s

I can attest that the SE255 is an excellent bolt-in option for the 96" motor if you want to increase low-end and midrange torque. It will not increase peak-HP as much as most other performance cams, but although that isn't its raison d'etre it will still increase HP by perhaps 4-6, peaking at around 5500 rpm. I'm very happy with the result and plan no further performance upgrades for this bike.

will a direct drive cam work in it? eleminates cam shoes. S&S worked great in my '09 trike. just thinking.

Depending on the crank run out they will work well, a little noisy but well. Keep in mind you have the hydraulic cam shoe adjusters already on the 09. You shouldn't have problems out of those.

Back