free website stats program what year is this scoot? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

what year is this scoot?

Shovels were '66-'84. Look at the frame and the engine and post the numbers. That will tell the model and year.

TQ

then would be 1979 1340

You got it, Crocker. Buddy says it is actually a 1978 1/2. 'Top end has been rebuilt. I tell you, we rode some today that bike is awesome...my buddy has owned it since '82. You could tell he was comfortable on her. He doesn't ride as much as he used to but we rode some after church. I got to ride her too. Definately different..that four speed tranny is something I've never shifted before. One thing I did notice, when making left hand turns the bike feels really heavy, other than that she is sweet.

Yea but you gave it to me ,offerd in late 78 as option you could still get the 1200 till 80, you threw me with the 66-71 tank emblem was hard to see if it was a generator or altenater but looked like not generated as far as the pic goes witch put me the intraduction year of altenator of 1970 with the emblems and in 72 the tank emblem changed that why my guess was 70-71 , Yes real nice scoot and it looks sweet I had a last 80cu. shovel FL and yea it was sweet rode that bike for many yrs.

Yea but you gave it to me ,offerd in late 78 as option you could still get the 1200 till 80, you threw me with the 66-71 tank emblem was hard to see if it was a generator or altenater but looked like not generated as far as the pic goes witch put me the intraduction year of altenator of 1970 with the emblems and in 72 the tank emblem changed that why my guess was 70-71 , Yes real nice scoot and it looks sweet I had a last 80cu. shovel FL and yea it was sweet rode that bike for many yrs.

You know your bikes, Crocker!

there should be a vin number on the frame or the engine that will tell you the year . if you can find it and post it I can help you narrow it down...critter

there should be a vin number on the frame or the engine that will tell you the year . if you can find it and post it I can help you narrow it down...critter

Oh, I know the year/model, good friends with the guy who has owned it since 1982. I know most on this forum enjoy everything about Harley's, especially the old scoots so just wanted to "brag" a little about my buddy's bike.

You can bet, I'm gona be beggin' for more seat time in the near future, felt like James Dean on that thing. :)

76 or earlier had round swing arms & rear drum brakes.Those mags didn't appeat till 77,when Harley went to disc in rear.My guess was 78 or 79.We all know what year it is now.

Back