free website stats program What would you do? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What would you do?

Yep I would plug it also, with new gaskets. That way if you decided down the road to trade up, you already have pipes that would work.

Yep I would plug it also, with new gaskets. That way if you decided down the road to trade up, you already have pipes that would work.

That sounds like a good option but only the rear pipe has the sensor plug. I have to contact them today and make sure that it will fit on the bike due to the engine upgrade when they put the o2 sensors on. I'm not sure when that was.

I just put new pipes on mine last week. I used new gaskets. The new pipes did in fact have ports for o2 sensors. I went to the auto parts store and got two 18mm oil drain plugs, and used brass washers. Worked great and haven't had a problem with it at all. The oil drain plugs kinda stuck out so i painted the bolt heads flat black with a q-tip. Looks great, not very noticible... and i spent around 8 bucks.

Personally, I would contact Samson and if they had a rear pipe without the O2sensor port, I would have them exchange it.

Definately use new gaskets.

Here is an update.

Samson said to put the plug in and try it. I had already purchased the plug and SE gaskets so I started the install today. The right side went very smooth without a hitch. Then I started the left side and the pipes were hanging at an angle from far out in the front to close in the rear. The bracket that holds the fishtail has 2 attaching bolts. The rear one would start but the front one was 1 1/2 inch away. You could pry them together and get it started but it put a lot of stress on the pipe.

I called Samson to see if I was doing something wrong and they said no. The crossover pipe with the 02 sensor was longer and that's why it has such an angle. That seems ridiculous they would say try it when they knew it wasn't right. Go figure. American Classic has to request a new pipe tomorrow.

Now I can't ride until it comes. Bummer! :newsmile08:

Back