free website stats program What would you do? | Harley Davidson Forums

What would you do?

glenalt

I started to install my Samson True Duals today and when I came to the U-pipe that comes from the rear cylinder to the left side it has a O2 sensor plug and I have an 05 with no sensors. Would you have them send you a new one or would you put a plug in it and move on? One more thing would you get new gaskets or use the old ones?

I would get new gaskets but really would hate to start pluggin' and patchin' on new pipes.I would get the right ones.

It's funny because that's what I thought would come with the pipes but none do and the instructions say use the old ones.

I think they put the holes in most pipes just for a wider range of fitment, and there is usually in small print, additional parts required for 06 & earlier fitment and they should give the plug numbers.

glenalt; you definitely want to get new gaskets b/c they compress & form to the cylinder port(s) as you tignten the bolts. IRT the O2 portal, your call as it could go either way. Maybe a quick check w/Samson to ensure they did/didn't mistakenly send the incorrect item (possible) & see if they'll replace w/correct pipe. Otherwise - Glider posted an O2 sensor plug you can get at NAPA which should do the trick (put two in my 09 SG exhaust). Good Luck & enjoy the new pipes!

Back