What would you do?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by glenalt, Mar 15, 2010.

1. glenalt

glenalt Junior Member

I started to install my Samson True Duals today and when I came to the U-pipe that comes from the rear cylinder to the left side it has a O2 sensor plug and I have an 05 with no sensors. Would you have them send you a new one or would you put a plug in it and move on? One more thing would you get new gaskets or use the old ones?

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I would use plugs with anti sieze and new gaskets

3. mrtn681

mrtn681 Active Member

I would get new gaskets but really would hate to start pluggin' and patchin' on new pipes.I would get the right ones.

4. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

What Jack said.

5. glide01

glide01 Member

I'm with Jack and chopper

6. glenalt

glenalt Junior Member

It's funny because that's what I thought would come with the pipes but none do and the instructions say use the old ones.

7. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

I think they put the holes in most pipes just for a wider range of fitment, and there is usually in small print, additional parts required for 06 & earlier fitment and they should give the plug numbers.

8. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

plug it and new gaskets

9. glide01

glide01 Member

gaskets cost $10.The aggravation of taking Pipe apart if it leaks worth it!

10. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

glenalt; you definitely want to get new gaskets b/c they compress & form to the cylinder port(s) as you tignten the bolts. IRT the O2 portal, your call as it could go either way. Maybe a quick check w/Samson to ensure they did/didn't mistakenly send the incorrect item (possible) & see if they'll replace w/correct pipe. Otherwise - Glider posted an O2 sensor plug you can get at NAPA which should do the trick (put two in my 09 SG exhaust). Good Luck & enjoy the new pipes!