free website stats program What would be a good deal? | Harley Davidson Forums

What would be a good deal?

dawg16

I'm going to look at an 09 Softail Crossbones this weekend. It's brand new, has factory security, and the limited edition paint job on it. They have a $20,469.00 price on it. What would you folks think a good deal would be on this bike since it is an 09, but has the limited edition paint. I'm convinced they want to move this bike, but I would like any firepower I can throw at them. Thanks.

The paint they should have to eat because you didn't ask for it. As far as the rest being it's a left over, the price is negotiable and they can eat shipping if they want to move the bike. The ball is in your court so make an offer and let them sit on it but let them know that you WILL buy for the right price.

$20,469.00 is out of the question because it's a left over 2009. Don't be afraid to tell them you don't need the fancy paint and stock paint would suite you fine (for negotiation purposes):s

I would offer them something in the area of $17,000 and let them sleep on it. Don't forget to give them your contact info if you do this and then leave. There's always the extended warranty and service contracts to throw at them (at no charge) to catch them off guard, don't forget they are probably paying financing on this bike as it sits there and the longer they wait, the less they make in the long run.

Don't forget to let them know that YOU know that the minute it is titled and rolls out the door that it is a USED 09 and the price drops drastically compared to a 2010 bike. You're doing THEM a favor buying this bike, not the other way around.

MSRP Black $ 16,999

Color $17,344

Security $345

Ca Emissions $330

Last edited:
I'm going to look at an 09 Softail Crossbones this weekend. It's brand new, has factory security, and the limited edition paint job on it. They have a $20,469.00 price on it. What would you folks think a good deal would be on this bike since it is an 09, but has the limited edition paint. I'm convinced they want to move this bike, but I would like any firepower I can throw at them. Thanks.

I think they work on 4000$ profit margin when selling at MSRP...

09 should drop 2500 off the sale price in my book or off any price they ask.

BEAT them down first than make lower offer..

I had fun buying my new 09 when the 2010 came out in august. got them down by a bunch and it took 3 days of haggle to get MY price.

If sales are down, and being an 09 they might drop considerable $$

being a special painted on bike ??
let us know what you come up with..

don't be afraid to walk away after the offer they come up with... and let them stew a bit while your looking at other bikes then even leave if they don't approach you with a lower number. ASK for a lower price and if no leave.. They might chase you down and drop a little more..

signed....BUBBIE

If your serious about buying, there is no loss with low balling. There is nothing worse than making an offer and they quickly accept. In my mind, that signals they would be willing to sell for less.

I don't know what a fair starting point would be but, 16k to 17k seems like a good start. See where that takes you.

Ball is in your court on this one. Like Glider, he gave you the no kidding numbers. I think this would be the worse case scenario. Make them work for the sale. If your financing is in order let them know you are ready to go but just need the right price point. Once they know you have the financing in order they will work harder IMHO. When I bought mine last year, they wanted to do a credit check and I told them I am working price because I know my numbers were good to go. This changed the fight for the right numbers. Decide what you are willing to pay then don't go over that price no matter what. 20K is a are you kidding number?

Seems like alot for a 2009 Crossbones. If I was looking for a Crossbones, I would get a black 2010 and negotiate that price like freight and prep to $0. Upgrades at a reduced price are also a possibility. Very rare you are going to get anything off MSRP on a popular bike. Good luck.

Thorns

You guys have gave me some great advice. I've got an idea I think from your advice. I'm not going to finance, so I hope cash talks....I'm meeting with them tomorrow, I'll let you know if we make a deal......thanks all....

Well.....I'm pretty much convinced that they would rather look at their bikes on the showroom floor instead of selling them! When he brought out "the worksheet", He (the guy behind-the-glass) said they wanted $20,400 and some change. I said you got to be kidding me! The salesman said, "well what will give for it?" I told him that I've give him $17,000.00 right now, and I'll write the check. He came back after visiting again with the MBTG,(man-behind-the-glass) and said he was pretty solid on his first quote to me, but he would take $17,000 for the plain crossbones sitting next to the bike I was interested in. It had a price of $18,000 plus change on it, and was an '09 bike also. I told him no thanks, that's not the bike I wanted, and moved on. My son and I went over to get a shirt for him, and low and behold here he comes. I can't believe he had the gall to tell me that he was sorry, he didn't notice on his sheet that he can sell it for $19,300. Once again, I said no thanks. 4 hours round trip for that mess! I probably won't due business with them again.

Back