free website stats program What was Harley Thinking? | Harley Davidson Forums

What was Harley Thinking?

MikeK02048

I'm trying to decide which HD touring bike I'm going to buy. I've really fallen in love with the Road Glide Ultra, but there is one problem. I definitely want a black bike, but Harley put these kinda lame graphics on the front fairing, tank, fenders and hard bags. But I could get used to the grapghics if it weren't for the fact that the graphics are brown. Brown on black - really? Why can't Harley allow you to order different colors on bikes? This particular model comes in very few colors, and I don't like any of them.

Maybe an Electra Glide??

Welcome to the forum, I assume you have gone over all the options with your salesman. I can only think to two things to say.

One I wish that my only problem standing in my way of getting a new Road Glide Ultra was the color. ( just kidding, and wishing I could buy one ).

Two Harley has a few things that everyone don't like. My personal one is the design of my key. If I don't have my key turned on, it will fall out on the ground, and get lost, trampled on etc. Never have really cared much for that.

Good luck finding a color you like though.

Welcome to the forum, I assume you have gone over all the options with your salesman. I can only think to two things to say.

One I wish that my only problem standing in my way of getting a new Road Glide Ultra was the color. ( just kidding, and wishing I could buy one ).

Two Harley has a few things that everyone don't like. My personal one is the design of my key. If I don't have my key turned on, it will fall out on the ground, and get lost, trampled on etc. Never have really cared much for that.

Good luck finding a color you like though.

Ya, the key falling out can get REALLY get irritating.

Check out some of the Factory custom paint schemes, (ask the dealer about sheet metal exchange program) or you could have some killer custom work done.

With so many things to like about the RGU, I would give some thought to the HD custom paint or having the tin custom painted. As for what HD was thinking I'm sure there is a design group at HD who wonders why someone doesn't like the colors. The custom paint from HD is a little $$$. Maybe you can work with the dealer to have your bike painted by a local painter and save some $$$, or maybe just paint the offending brown. Just a thought

Wow! you get to choose color? Mine is Black and Chrome..lota each...lota cleaning..ten minutes later, dirty. But I love it! I just keep following the front wheel and grinning,,,Ear to ear!

I went back to look at the Road Glide Ultras today and I owe HD an apology. The black version doesn't have brown racing stripes. They are grey. The brown stripes are on the Merlot version. The Merlot is very dark wine colored and at quick glance I thought it was the black version. So I'll probably end up with the black bike with grey stripes.

Back