free website stats program What type of helmet do you wear? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What type of helmet do you wear?

This one most of the time:

98189_H_SH355_MW400.jpg

This one when it is cold:

213160_H_SH355_MW400.jpg

Both are very reasonably priced, and available at LeatherUp.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I wear a HJC fullface everytime I get on the bike. cheap insurance, already paid off back in 2003 when I hit a deer

Helmets have been mandatory here since before I started riding in 1975 so I have always worn a helmet as time has passed helmet design and the materials used for construction have improved there is a great choice out there
Most important thing is the helmet must fit correctly
Wife and I both have one of these VIPER RS-V131 MOTORBIKE MOTORCYCLE BLUETOOTH FLIP FRONT INTERCOM HELMET: Amazon.co.uk: Sports Outdoors
We have the Bluetooth paired on the two helmets and we can have an open comms link between the two of us up to 500 yards and it is useable up to about 60 mph then wind noise makes it difficult

Brian

I wear a davida jet open face all year round tried full face think I kept it on for about 10 seconds, also have a scorpion open face.as fin said helmets must be worn by law.

I have 3 helmets. Normally I wear my German style or regular half-shell. my half-shell has a flip down sun visor that I never use because its pretty worthless. It doesn't even cover your eyes fully. But recently, with temps dipping below 12 degrees, I was forced to buy a full face, which I hate. I hate full face badly omg. but I bought one that is comfortable, warm, quiet, and also has a flip down sun visor that actually works well. Plus it matches the color of my bike lol. the full face is a BiLt "Speed" model. normal $220 I got it on sale for $109 at Cycle Gear. Pictures included of all three of my crowns:

Attachments

• german helmet.png
    german helmet.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 12
  • half shell.png
    half shell.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 12
  • bilt helmet.png
    bilt helmet.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 12
When I travel in mandatory helmet states I wear a novelty beanie, other wise I wear my beret

I have 3 different helmets. A half shell for those hot Florida summers, an HJC 3/4 shell for general all around riding, and an HJC flip up for cooler weather. Yeah, I live in Florida and there is no helmet requirement if you carry the required coverage, which I do, but i just feel more comfortable wearing the lid. Mostly because I have my headset and intercom to listen to the tunes and chat with the back seat. Not to mention, living close to Georgia (helmet state) you never know when a whim might take you into the Peach State. I figure if I am going to lug a hat around, why not wear it?

I like my half helmet, I like the wind in my face. I would like to find a full face that fits me, that looks like something I would like to wear and most importantly doesn't impair my vision. I have yet to find a full face helmet that meets all my needs

Back