free website stats program What Tuner model? | Harley Davidson Forums

What Tuner model?

bio_research

Contributor
I am looking at the screeming eagle race tuner for my 2008 nightster(1200)... I am trying to figure out what model to get... I have a power commander 3, but since I am going to get the screaming eagle stage 2 set: heads, pistons, cams... I want the SE race tuner since it seems to be better(?)...

. but since I am going to get the screaming eagle stage 2 set: heads, pistons, cams... I want the SE race tuner since it seems to be better(?)...

If you are already 1200 and are installing new heads, it usually means "Stage 3". What is the part number of the SE kit your installing.
There are also a few SE tuners. (Street , Pro Super, Race) What is the part number your looking at. Street is A/F ratio only. Pro Super also includes spark advance.

If you are already 1200 and are installing new heads, it usually means "Stage 3". What is the part number of the SE kit your installing.
There are also a few SE tuners. (Street , Pro Super, Race) What is the part number your looking at. Street is A/F ratio only. Pro Super also includes spark advance.

I meant stage 3, Sorry :) The air cleaner is "stage 2"

The part for the SE Tuner is 32109-08. It's the Pro Super. I have the powercommander 3 on there now, but was told the SE super Pro is better... I can sell the powercommander to someone and not lose too much...

I meant stage 3,
The part for the SE Tuner is 32109-08. It's the Pro Super.

The Pro Super is the model that will marry itself to only your ECM (you can't resell it). It will allow you to change almost any map cell you want. It probably is not what you need because it is made to go hand & hand with a dyno or extensive road testing. It is far from plug & play.

I know the 2007 Sportster does not have Ion sense knock retard so I am pretty sure your 2008 does not have it either. That means your in for some challenges when it comes to setting spark advance which I am sure your bike will need. You have no safety from engine knock caused by too much spark advance. I would look at a different tuner or have someone with a dyno do it for you. Since your making several changes (heads, cams, pistons) your maps will need complex changes. I don't know what level your at but it's not something for beginners.

I have a shop that does my work for a great price... They have a dyno... Should I just keep the power commander 3 instead?

Back