free website stats program What to wear | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

What to wear

Pulled up next to a riceburnner the other morning to take a closer look at the young lady riding it.
Full face helmit, tube top, dress pants and heels.
Must have been on her way to work and didn't have time to dress for riding. But heels.

Tube top, dress pants, and heels??? Please post pics :s

In Southern California, in over 90° heat, I'll wear at least padded fingerless leather gloves, a leather vest, a long sleeve T-shirt and jeans. I have to wear a helmet or my Harley can be impounded. I wear a vented padded leather jacket for most of the time, a perforated leather jacket for warm days, and vented leather pants for long rides or cold weather. A friend of mine once went down and slid on asphalt but was spare road rash because he was wearing dress pants.
R W B, I sort of had the same worries with my Father, as no one in his side of the family has lived past 58 (that we know of). I'm sorry your Father is no longer with us, but modern medicine can make our lives better and longer now. My Father works hard to stay healthy and I'm glad to say he is still with us at 72. I'm sure we can all beat that number if we try. Don't give up.
I want to wish all the Fathers a happy Father's day today. . .

Last edited:
In Southern California, in over 90° heat, I'll wear at least padded fingerless leather gloves, a leather vest, a long sleeve T-shirt and jeans. I have to wear a helmet or my Harley can be impounded. ... .. ... ...
R W B, I sort of had the same worries with my Father, as no one in his side of the family has lived past 58 (that we know of). .. .. .. .. .. ..

Hey YnotBiker, thanks for the kinds words. Actually my Dad has been gone now for 16yrs. He first showed symtoms at 61 and died at 67. I'm not giving up, but I've seen enough of Alzhemiers to know that if it gets you that's pretty much it from there on out. They've got pills to lessen the effects to some extent, but that's only in the early stages. My Dad's Mom died with it, one of his sister's died with it and his brother has it now.
Life is was it is, take and go with it.

You doing the right thing wearing a vented padded jacket. If you ever go down it will help. I have one but never wear it, just can't take the heat. Looking at it though, the vented material looks like it would come apart pretty quickly and let the pads go flying. Guess it just depends on how fast you are going.

May I ask have thay come out with aneything you can take to lessen your chance of geting it ....Just asking

May I ask have thay come out with aneything you can take to lessen your chance of geting it ....Just asking

Not that I know of. They (in the last 6 yrs) can treat the symptoms with limited success for awhile, but there is no prevention or cure. It's just a slow prison in your own mind death. It's just a rough time for the patient and the family. You get through it mostly on guts, bout all I know to say about it.

The difference between dementia and Alzhiemers is dementia is loss of brain memory function and congnitive thinking only. Whereas Alzhiemers destroys brain cells period and eventually will cause organs to shut down and death ensures.

Pretty tough stuff.

Back