free website stats program What to put in the hole? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What to put in the hole?

I went to the HD dealership bought license plate bolts with the Willy G skull and inserted that into the hole. Had to do a very small amount of grinding on the end of the bolt and added a couple of small washers to the underside of the fender. They have different styles and come in a 4 pack. They run about $ 20 - $ 30.

On removed the passenger seat on my Heritage and I used a smaller fender bib and then made and shaped a larger base from leather to place under it. I died the base to match my paint, added lace, and then placed conchos on the top fender bib. The rear screw from the passenger seat I replaced with a screw I got from the HD dealer which has Harley Davidson written around the outer edges of the top.
I tried to attach a photo but not sure what is going to happen with that. New to the forum and this is my first post. IMG_0289.jpg

Welcome TxTracker.
We can see the picture. Great job!!!
Tons of help on this forum.
Just have to ask.

I'm going to try and post a little larger pic of my fender bib. Hope it's not the same. A learning process. See what happens. photo-6.jpg OK> Now I see that clicking on the pic makes it larger.

Welcome aboard and nice job on the leather bib.
That looks great. Thanks for the pic. I was leaning that way when I looked on the site provided by Dr Dolittle but I also like the skull idea suggested by JBC. The flag idea is also near the top of my list. Decisions, decisions. Thanks to all of you for your input. The only thing better than owning a Harley is modifying it.

You guys are hilarious but not much help. Guess I need a different fender. lol What better thing to spend my inheritance on than an HD.

the plastic pieace is for real , ask the mechanic at hd for an old one when someone goes two up

Back