free website stats program What to put in the hole? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What to put in the hole?

Just got an '05 FLSTCI. Have removed all the passenger stuff as I want a solo bike. There is an insert on the top of rear fender for the screw on passenger seat. Does anyone know any sort to "do dad" that can be screwed into this to make it look good? Any other suggestions about what to do with this hole would be welcome.

I have a fender bib that you can see in the Harley catalog. I have an 09 Deluxe and I think it would fit. Look at the picture in the catalog and if interested let me know. It is unused, on page 228 in 2010 parts catalog. $20 + shipping.

You guys are hilarious but not much help. Guess I need a different fender. lol What better thing to spend my inheritance on than an HD.

FLST welcome to the HDTimeline forum. Not to worry, the guys here are talking "tongue in cheek", they are not being "clever" just trying to be light regarding most solo seat equipped H-D bikes come with an H-D logo plastic fender plug/cover as standard OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) fitment for that open fender hole. :s

It might be $5 or so, but you can also buy the seat insert hardware with the "C" retainer for about $8 and use either the knurled knob or stainless Allen head screw to thread into it. The bib cover is closer to $60, but looks trick...and of course some have used the H-D seat insert, along with seat rack to make the solo look "all of one piece!" You can fix it exactly as you want depending if it is going to be a solo bike or "convertible" to 2-up easily. :newsmile01:

Go to Lowes and to hardware department. They have numerous do-dads that you can find to plug hole. You can use a plug or a cover for the existing bolt. Nothing more than a $1.00.

I used a stainless steel cap nut. Almost matches studs on bib. Cut 1/2" long piece of 1/4" threaded rod, screwed with Red locktite into cap, and then into fender hole with SS washer.
wilks3

I say a rear fender bib designed for the 2010 FXDC that is made to cover the hole when you go to a one up seat. The part number is 52036-08 on the Harley website. I checked for softail models but do not see that part available for softail but it gives you an idea of what to look for. It is basically a leather strip that runs down the rear fender.

I say a rear fender bib designed for the 2010 FXDC that is made to cover the hole when you go to a one up seat. The part number is 52036-08 on the Harley website. I checked for softail models but do not see that part available for softail but it gives you an idea of what to look for. It is basically a leather strip that runs down the rear fender.

Check post # 11, there is a specific model for the Deluxe that matches the trim on the seat.

FLST welcome to the HDTimeline forum. Not to worry, the guys here are talking "tongue in cheek", they are not being "clever" just trying to be light regarding most solo seat equipped H-D bikes come with an H-D logo plastic fender plug/cover as standard OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) fitment for that open fender hole. :s

It might be $5 or so, but you can also buy the seat insert hardware with the "C" retainer for about $8 and use either the knurled knob or stainless Allen head screw to thread into it. The bib cover is closer to $60, but looks trick...and of course some have used the H-D seat insert, along with seat rack to make the solo look "all of one piece!" You can fix it exactly as you want depending if it is going to be a solo bike or "convertible" to 2-up easily. :newsmile01:
I understand the "tongue-in-cheek" thing. My reply was meant in the same spirit. This is the best forum I have found. You guys are great. Glad to have so many experienced riders to quiz when I need help. Thank you all for the great tips on what to do with my "hole". I know I'll find something that feels just right for me.

Back