What to put in the hole?

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by FLST, Jan 26, 2011.

1. FLST

FLST Active Member

Just got an '05 FLSTCI. Have removed all the passenger stuff as I want a solo bike. There is an insert on the top of rear fender for the screw on passenger seat. Does anyone know any sort to "do dad" that can be screwed into this to make it look good? Any other suggestions about what to do with this hole would be welcome.

2. futurerider

futurerider Active Member

3. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

When I got my Street Bob, it had a plastic cap in the hole that is used to mount a passenger seat. The HD parts man should be able to look up the part. Small, plastic, with HD logo, probably $1.00, OR $100.00. :lolrolling

4. ProF

ProF Junior Member

Special!!! This week only! Half off - ONLY $49.95!:D

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Think I still have a couple if you cant find them:s

6. FLST

FLST Active Member

You guys are hilarious but not much help. Guess I need a different fender. lol What better thing to spend my inheritance on than an HD.

7. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I haven't been on their site in a while but I seem to recall Mustang selling some type of fender bib that dresses up the fender when you're riding solo and hides the hole.

Here, I found it for you:

Fender Bibs : Mustang

8. bc45

bc45 Active Member

My old niebor had a chrome spike like DODAD that he had screwed into his fender when he had the solo seat on. I do not know where he got it. You might try drag specialtys or one of the other after market places.

9. FLST

FLST Active Member

Sounds like a good thing to put in there. Thanks. I'll check some out.

10. bc45

bc45 Active Member

I just went and checked drag specialtys and in the fatbook 2011 under seats page 14 they show a couple diff styles knerled knods that fit the screw hole.