free website stats program What to do??? | Harley Davidson Forums

What to do???

ky1bnusmc

Just came home from the dealership, only went in to look around. Came out with an offer to trade my 2010 Heritage to a 2011 Ultra Classic in Merlot Sunglo/Vivid Black. They offered me $15,000 trade in, wish I could have gotten a little more, but... Supposed to call the bank and call me in the morning with firm info. Not sure if I want to do this or not, the ball-park info they gave me raised my payment by about $120.00 a month. Seems a little steep to me. Well just had to put my thoughts to words. Any feedback??? Should I hold out for a little more trade-in on my perfect condition Heritage? Is this a good deal, they are asking $22,500.00 for the Ultra Classic? I am torn, on one hand I love the Heritage, on the other I "think" I would love the Ultra Classic as much or more. Ugh.

Now THAT is a heck of a dilemna. You are wise to sleep on the decision. As someone who has made a living in sales, many people let their emotions cloud their judgement when making a purchasing decision.

That being said, keep in mind that HD is making many 2011 Ultra Classics that can be set up exactly like the one you are looking at today. Keep in mind that you have an advantage in being the buyer. There are probably plenty of other HD dealers within a short drive that would be glad to have your business as well. (Plus you are already have a scooter that you are partial to)

If you can get in the mind set to be able to walk away, you should come out with a much better deal overall.

Good luck and be sure to give us a full report on the negotiations as well as the outcome

IMHO its sounds like you want the Ultra. What I would do is wait a few weeks and then think about it again. I know in this area that the dealers will deal alot more at the end of the month. This will give you some time to think about it and i will bet that if you walk back in towards the end of June the deal will be sweeter. Good luck Marine

For just a little more $$$$$, check out the Ultra Limited. Thats the one I'll be getting soon (hopefully).

A Heritage is a great bike and you already go it - besides its a 2010 so you probably just got it broke in good...:s

They aren't doing you any favors at 22,500 on a standard ultra classic. We bought my wife's 2011 ultra limited out the door, freight, tax, tag and the bike for 23,500.

I would recommend the limited as well, 103 engine, compression releases, heated grips, chromed rims, sweet looking gauges.

The other thing to note is next 30 days the 2012's will be out and they will want to sell the 2011's even more so.

I would sell your bike yourself. You will get more and then you can bargain for the best deal. Don't believe that you have to pay list or higher. This is still a buyers market. You want the deal to be good for you and the dealer because you want them to be around for service if necessary.
Spend the time you have while selling your bike to test drive all the models you are interested in so you don't go through this whole process in another year. Will you be happy with the "A" motor after you have had the "B"? That could be a deciding factor in itself.
Good luck with the search!

Back