free website stats program What to do..... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What to do.....

Lot of food for thought there, thanks all.
Think I'll try a test ride on a Dyna - never was on one but I have had a liking for the super glide custom now for some time...

Lot of food for thought there, thanks all.
Think I'll try a test ride on a Dyna - never was on one but I have had a liking for the super glide custom now for some time...

Good for you, I always had baggers, The Redhead stopped riding and told me to get what I want, I always wanted a Dyna, sooo I got my Streetbob, great bike tho I do miss my baggers, next will be a trike and I will give The Bob to The Redhead, enjoy your test ride and let us know, Capital Jack:s

I can tell you there is nothing like a heavy bike. Ride quality alone would be reason for me. If moving on to a touring type bike you will find you never will want to stop riding. So part of your decision making should be what future plans do have in-regards to riding solo and 2 up and do you want to start riding more and farther??????

My two cents worth - I had Sportys before moving up to an Ulra Classic for five years. The Ultra is obviously a superior tourer but was terrible in city traffic. Bulky and way too heavy for me. I'm a small guy, 160lbs, and struggle in slow traffic. So, given the fact tat I only toured twice a year but ride every weekend, I have gone back to a new 1200 Sporty recognising that you just cannot have it all in one bike.

If you want to keep your sportster but want speed on the high ways with less lag. Try changing your transmission pulley to more teeth or your rear wheel pulley with less teeth. It will drop your RPM 200-500 depending on what you go with. Cost less then a new bike.

Back