free website stats program What to do with stock pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

What to do with stock pipes

brderj

So with the installation date (the 15th) of my new pipes coming so soon, I am wondering what to do with my stock pipes. Do you all keep them as mementos, do you sell them on e-bay, give them to family members, make coffee tables out of 'em? Just wondering....thanks.

I hang all my takoffs from a tree in my front yard. Makes a hell of a windchime when the wind gets up......but of course I'm insane.....fatboydoc

I have an altar built out of Harley parts in the attic above the garage. That will hopefully keep the Hog Gods smiling down upon me. Plus I'm a bit of a pack rat and find it impossible to get rid of anything that might be even semi useful someday.

I wish the guy before me kept the stock parts, if I had done it I would have kept them, although the temptation to sell in order to get money for more parts does sound good. :)

This is exactly my problem....I'm stuck between making a kick (edited) set of wind chimes, appeasing the hog gods, and selling them to make money for more parts. Damn the man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya just might wanta hang on to them. When it comes time to get re-inspected, ya just might need to put them back on her jsut long enough to get her thru noise level inspection. Unless you don't have that in your state! Just food for thought anyhow. Later.....Hi-Tek Rednek :bigsmiley12:

As many have said here, I hold on to the take off items cause you never know.

In the mean time I am taking all the take offs and putting them on my ride on mower and get it on the dyno and see what that babie is pushing now!:bigsmiley24:

As many have said here, I hold on to the take off items cause you never know.

In the mean time I am taking all the take offs and putting them on my ride on mower and get it on the dyno and see what that babie is pushing now!:bigsmiley24:

That is by far the greatest idea ever. You sir, need to run for president!

TWISTED GRIP 08!!!!!

I know what top (or shirt) is, I typed the wrong rank. I drink to much and sat to close to the tv as a kid. :D I've deployed to many times to mess up rank.

My fiance lives in WI, Onalaska. Are you going to make the trip to the new HD museum?

Thanks for all the help all.

Back