free website stats program what to do in central jersey? | Harley Davidson Forums

what to do in central jersey?

Freddy2081

we are a group of 3 guys... Dont really know what to do and where to go, if theres any group to ride together, or even nice routes to go riding...

Any suggestion will be appreciated...

Thank you
WAP.gif

Freddy I'm right here in North Jersey, a little ride away. You only have to find a ride to fit your time that you have to ride for the day. From Old Bridge you can get to Ny State, like the Finger Lakes area, Bear mountain area. Penn has some great riding, go to New Hope, Rt 32 is nice, Hawks Nest up there in the NE corner, or is that New York?
PA Rt 125. Be happy to take somes rides with you, when we can get together, got a few more places to make a days ride. That would make a group of 4.. I'll send my info by PM

Several areas come to mind.

The area along the Delaware river from Trenton to Hancock New York on both sides of the river. There are plenty of country roads and small towns. On the Pa side there is a covered bridge tour in Bucks County. There are maybe 10 or so bridges on it. Just above the Delaware Water Gap there is a small restoration village named Millbrook. No one actually lives there but there are volenteers who do traditional crafts. Hardly anyone stops there.

The other area is the Pine Barrens down south. I also like Island beach state park. If you drive further out you pretty much have the beach to yourself. Send me a email if you need more detailed info.

"Welcome to New Jersey" - Cinderella Man

dont like new hope pa , bad on pipes there , if u like to look at freaks thats the place to go to

I'll second that. It lost its appeal after the 60's when the counter culture went mainstream. The traffic is heavy during the warm months too. JMO - Bob

Aside form the few mentioned PA. 611 goes along the delaware all the way to Philly. Sussex County NJ has some nice roads throughout. CR 517 is nice you could jump on in Morris County and keep going right all the way to Sussex there are some nice twisties too. Once you get to north Jersey (Sussex) jump on 23 N. and head towards High Point State Park.

Freddy,
I'm right up the road from you. Shoot me a PM and we can 'chat' a bit.
I ride with 3 other guys and have done quite a bit in the tri-state region.

Thanks everybody for the tips...
I moved in Jersey a little more than a year ago, that's why I don't really know the area, and with this bad weather everything i could do was short rides around.

Many guys here will bad mouth having a GPS on their bike, but it works wonders when you just pull out of the driveway, pick a compass direction, and start riding. When you get lost, it helps you find gas, food, and your way home at the end of the day. I rarely use mine to get there, but I've used it many times for one of those purposes.

We did that last year in Myrtle Beach. One day 3 of us decided to head west and see what we could see. By the middle of the afternoon, we had no idea where we were or how far away from MB we were. I punched the address of the hotel into my GPS and 3 hours later we sitting on the balconey sipping a cool beverage.

Besides, New Jersey ain't all that big. LOL if you cross the Delaware River you're in Pennsylvania, you probably know what the big body of water is to the east, and if you go over the Delaware Memorial Bridge.....well..you're in Delaware. :s And you pretty much can only get to NY by crossing a bridge and paying a ridiculous toll.

For a quick suggestion, just find route 206 and follow it north. It will take you through some nice roads with plenty of opportunities to pick a back road and explore.

Back