free website stats program What to do for off season thrills? | Harley Davidson Forums

What to do for off season thrills?

acerider_01

What do those of you that aren't fortunate enough to live in year round riding climates do for fun on the off season?

I prefer trapshooting and snowboarding! I get a similar feeling from snowboarding that I do from ridin. Alone or in a group, I'm on my island!

Just curious how others deal with the no riding season.

What do those of you that aren't fortunate enough to live in year round riding climates do for fun on the off season?

I prefer trapshooting and snowboarding! I get a similar feeling from snowboarding that I do from ridin. Alone or in a group, I'm on my island!

Just curious how others deal with the no riding season.
For off season entertainment I watch as my wife tries to figure out how to use the remote controls for our entertainment system:bigsmiley25:

Last edited:
Mountain biking - mainly xcountry but i used to race Downhill and endurance, also do what every looks fun and extreme have been indoor skydiving, bungee jumping, paint balling, zorbing, mountain climbing and shale running, and this year i'm off white water rafting again.
Mainly anything the scares me and get the adrenaline flowing - fingers crossed i will be back enduro racing this year and maybe just maybe downhilling
for those who want to know a zorb is a large ball like a hamster ball but it gets rolled down a hill

Whoa! Dude...WoW...thats sum amazin stuff..I got worn out just readin it!...I do all the Honey do stuff...but here we ride most of the year but it gets pretty darn cold ...sooo we got some heated clothing...works great...only are smile takes a long time to disappear...kinda like froze to our face !:D

Mountain biking - mainly xcountry but i used to race Downhill and endurance, also do what every looks fun and extreme have been indoor skydiving, bungee jumping, paint balling, zorbing, mountain climbing and shale running, and this year i'm off white water rafting again.
Mainly anything the scares me and get the adrenaline flowing - fingers crossed i will be back enduro racing this year and maybe just maybe downhilling
for those who want to know a zorb is a large ball like a hamster ball but it gets rolled down a hill
Okay;inlighten me, what is zorbing and shale running?

This potato puts blocks under the legs on the couch so when I roll off it’s a greater rush.:D

shale running is best done with a bivvie bag with a large metal tray inside
find a large hill preferably a mountain with large shale areas at its base run up the shale as far as you can get with tray inside bag then jump on the tray whilst still moving as you will have loosened the shale and will have caused a mini rock slide then hang on as you are going to come down pretty quick:D
repeat until you either get hurt or run out of energy - i found the best place to do this was the pryennes in south of france around the lac du rainbow area as there is a lot of glacial waste left behind:bigsmiley8:
ahhh, now I know. Sounds like both of those activities might be a lot of fun_____to watch someone else do.

Went for the first scuba dive of the year today...38*F water temp. Toasty in my dry suit!

Problem is the diving season and the biking season are concurrent. What to do...what to do!

I am amazed at the diversity of "our" other activities. We've got skiers, mountain bikers, scuba divers, cowboys, couch potatoes, zorbers and shale runners all with a "common" interest, the love of riding. I see it at events, rallys, etc. and it never ceases to amaze me. Now let's discuss occupations. I am an auto technician. How 'bout y'all?

I do a LOT of brown nosing with the wife. :D Dinners, the mall, wash and wax her truck (she thinks it's hers) some painting around the house. this earns me some time to ride during good weather. :s

Hobbit, Dude i don't think i could hang with you or keep up!
:bigsmiley30:

Acer,
I am a retired auto tech, 18 years and burnt my self out! Changed my path and now work in the automatic door bizz for the past 3 years. So I kinda stayed in the "auto" field.
I did put on a few "pounds" sitting behind a desk. Feels good to have a wrench back in my hands now and then with adding some chrome to the bike!

Back