free website stats program What to do and info | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What to do and info

Hey at 57 you don't have a lot of seasons left to waste one not riding.
Sell the bike for what you've got in it and move on.

LOL! I sure don't buy this! I have seen 60 year old men in shape that make many 40 year old men look bad. :worthy Your only as old as you let yourself get. So I pay no attention to age, especially at 57.

But I do agree with the rest of the statement, sell it and get on a scooter! A HD is not an investment to capitalize on, Just ask RichardS!! :newsmile100:

Ride safe and enjoy your MANY years of riding in front of you.:D

BigFoot meant no harm.

LOL! I sure don't buy this! I have seen 60 year old men in shape that make many 40 year old men look bad. :worthy Your only as old as you let yourself get. So I pay no attention to age, especially at 57.

But I do agree with the rest of the statement, sell it and get on a scooter! A HD is not an investment to capitalize on, Just ask RichardS!! :newsmile100:

Ride safe and enjoy your MANY years of riding in front of you.:D

BigFoot meant no harm.

Do the math. If you've got 13 or 18 summers left to ride.... do you really want to waste one? 13 ain't alot and 18 still ain't enough.

No harm for sure. I've just seen my dad go from vibrant to old at age 70 in one year. I'm sure he would love an extra summer on the back of a bike. Don't ever take a season for granted.

On that note ... this thread has been hi-jacked by discussion of age enough. Unintentionally by me. Sorry.

slim jim has gotten a personal apology for any offence I may have caused him.. Not that he complained. He is having a BLAST with his FXRDG and that's the point isn't it?

RIDE ON.

I'm another 59 yr old rider with the same bike fxrdg, modified by previous owners over the years. Thought of restoring it but decided to ride it like it is. Just had a top end overhaul and put a CV carb on it, runs good. I mean ride it isn't that what it was built for?

You don't stop riding because you get old, You get old because you stop riding! Get on the bike and ride!!!
HDDon--63 April 3

58, bad back riding is my life. The dr cant understand why I feal no pain when Im on my bike all in my head so be it I will ride til I cant hold it up

58, bad back riding is my life. The dr cant understand why I feal no pain when Im on my bike all in my head so be it I will ride til I cant hold it up

Jack your my kind of guy, seems all my aches and pains go away as soon as I swing my leg over the bike. Any chance I can catch up with you for a ride. I'm in the Jax/Starke/Gainesville/Lake City area most of the time.

Hi I´m 59 years old (April 3 too) and I don´t get tired of riding. Sometimes I ride my Sportster in the mornings and in the same day afternoon I ride my softail. It feels great. So just keep on riding and forget about your age

I wanted to thank every body for there thoughts. I am glad to here there are a lot of us ( old) guys left. lol. It takes a lot to get me excited these days, but this bike has got my attention. I have not taken time to do much for my self in life and now i am going to spend some me time! My son does not want to sell anything. Maybe because he is going to get it all lol. I also have a 1929 chevy coupe with a blown small block in it. I am having trouble deciding what to put my time into. I built that car from the bare frame and i would not do that again. Bikes and cars have always been my passion, could be why i,m divorced. Picked the wrong girl and gave the wrong finger lol, but that is another story. I love riding out in the country and wacking the throttle. Every time i get on a bike i remember the feeling of what i miss when i don,t have one.Well, that is enough rambling on. latter jd.

Back