free website stats program What the heck? | Harley Davidson Forums

What the heck?

Sadist112

Okay need your help...

I put a large order in to Chicago HD Feb 10th, they charged my credit card the full amount and I just received my today! No email, no communication nothing great customer service right?

Really I didn't care because it has been cold and for the most part didn't really need the parts (all touring upgrades).

One part I ordered (and received) was 49282-09 Chrome Rear Saddlebag Guard Kit: Okay so I opened the box, aside from the fact that it was definitely apparent that it came off of a bike (i.e. previously installed) what I got was a chrome rear saddle bag guard and a gloss black saddle bag support does that make any sense? See picture...

Before I I want to make sure I am not a complete idiot. I still plan to at the fact they sent me used with discolored chrome.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• DSCF0294.JPG
    DSCF0294.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked that part # up on the HD website and it shows exactly what you have in that picture.
As far as I know, al of the bag supports that the bag rests on are painted.

Now ya made me curious. I'm going to have to go down to the garage, pull a bag, and recheck mine......I'll be back!!

Nope. It's just like I said. The guard at the front of the bag is chrome. The 2 guard bars that surround the bags are chrome, and the support they bolt to up the fender are chrome. But the actual bag support that the bag rests on, and holds the muffler support, is black.
And, If you punch that part number..49282-09 ...on the HD website, and look at the picture, it shows exactly what Sadist112 has in his picture.

I can't even go out and look at mine,its still at the HD shop was supposed to pick it up today,but it started raining like heck. Rain and 34 degrees didn't appeal to me:(

Might want to check the suffix of your part number "-09 " there might be revision levels like "-09B" or the like which may point to manufacturer changes that aren't necessarily part of the "public released" documentation. A knowledgeable HD parts guy might have the different kit part numbers sorted.

Back