free website stats program what style of helmet | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

what style of helmet

I think you might have misunderstood me! What I meant was it's off-subject for ME to mention your signature line ("Never make someone a priority when they only see you as an option! ") in this thread, but I just wanted to say I really like it and I agree with it.

Sorry Bud,I guess I read it the wrong way.I wasn't trying to be disagreeable at all.(Tho my wife may disagree)Besides,you're ok in my book!

Same here Bro......btw, can't remember if we talked about this before......are you in the Cedarbrook just west of Hammonton? I was there a couple hours ago with Neo, (my German Shepard), at the Vet. (10 minutes from me up off RT 73.)
I think there's a Cedarbrook up in North Jersey too though. If you're down here, Jammr and Crazy Sammy and everybody else in the SJ/Philly area I've talked to are looking forward to an HDTimeline run as soon as the weather breaks.
Hope you'll be there with the gang. (So to speak!)

PS: If we already talked about this, forgive my lapse in memory, I'm getting a little senile, and I've talked to a few of the other guys about riding in the Spring. I'm looking forward to it so much I can't keep track of everybody! LOL!

Your memory lapse has been forgiven and yes you must be a little senile.(I think that starts at around age 55)I'll be there in the spring with the rest of the gang.(So to speak!)

William H Macy end of wild hogs - its ok i only hurt my face :tounge:D sorry Romain could not help that

How much to get the ding outta the tank?
doc

I'm afraid Hobbit it did feel like it!

The biggest hurt was to my pride.

I was busy checking the bike when some well meaning witness handed me a tissue and suggested to call an ambulance, pointing to the fact that blood was running on my face.
The bike looking fine save a few minor scratches I reassured them, took the insurance details of the cagers and rode off.

It's a credit to HD tank build or a discredit to the strength of my head that there was no dent.

I wear a 3/4 helmet. I have a full face but I need to get it painted. The helmet saved me in my accident. So now I really need to get the other painted. Bike is orange & black and helmet is burgundy. From goldwing days.

I'm afraid Hobbit it did feel like it!

The biggest hurt was to my pride.

I was busy checking the bike when some well meaning witness handed me a tissue and suggested to call an ambulance, pointing to the fact that blood was running on my face.
The bike looking fine save a few minor scratches I reassured them, took the insurance details of the cagers and rode off.

It's a credit to HD tank build or a discredit to the strength of my head that there was no dent.

Yeah, nice that Harley has real heavier guage steel in its' hardware, another reason why I like the "old fashioned" engineering, not the light guage or plastic stuff used in metrics nowadays. :newsmile053:

I was able to dent the fuel tank on my Kat when turning hard left at full lock, my hand banging in between the bar and tank...after that I made sure the handlebar and grip were adjusted a tad up for more clearance after that. :small3d007:

I have always wore a full face. Being down here in Texas it gets really hot and I was thinking of a 1/2 or 3/4....but never got one. So it's the full face year around with the shield open in the summer at slow speeds.

When my wife finally made me get rid of my 20yr.old 1/2 bucket I promptly went out and bought the cheapest new one I could find $30.00 at bass pro shops.:D

If your helmet was involved in your crash, please replace it. The foam that crushed to absorb the imact so your head didn't won't be able to do it twice. Find a shelf and put your helmet on it as a trophy, but get a new one to ride with. They are perishable items.

SECOND THAT! :nosad Hey Pookibear...I think all of us at HDT would agree, we want you to be safe. GET A NEW ONE...PLEASE! :D

IMHO a helmet, like tires is perishable...one of those items you do not skimp on especially if it saved you once! It is the only physical thing between you and the road...literally, and for what it does one of the better values HD = Hunderd Dollars in this case!

It is just as the same reason we should not drink and drive, we accept risks everyday being motorcyclists, why take a chance when we have so many loved ones who rely and need us. :s

Last edited:
Back