free website stats program What states are checking motorcycles? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

What states are checking motorcycles?

That's one Heck of a first reply. Why is it that SC does not have as many laws, or do they just not enforce them? Could be good, could be bad.

You are correct I'm sorry. No as far as inspection goes, we do not have a state inspection on cars or motorcycles.

I can tell that Arkansas is NOT checking, nor is it a requirement. However, if your bike sounds too loud or if someone reports it as being too loud, it's up to the officer to determine if he/she writes you up. Pretty ambiguous to me. And you'd most likely spend more $s fighting it than simply paying the ticket.

It's just a matter of when, not if, all states start testing or worse yet make owners pay to have it tested/certified prior to licensing.

Arkansas law: "EVERY vehicle will have an original equipment type muffler".......
pretty much covers it. Never has been strictly enforced unless you go overboard on the loudness. We don't have inspections anymore so no problem there.

Arkansas law: "EVERY vehicle will have an original equipment type muffler".......
pretty much covers it. Never has been strictly enforced unless you go overboard on the loudness. We don't have inspections anymore so no problem there.
And as my neighbor, an attorney, says, "how do you define OEM type?". Agreed, it all depends on how loud and the LEO's discretion.

Back