free website stats program What should I do? Street Bob Or Fat Bob? | Harley Davidson Forums

What should I do? Street Bob Or Fat Bob?

Just purchased a Street Bob Black Denim... but still waiting for the delivery (during this week for sure...).
I considered the Fat Bob also:
  • modern look, beautiful, but less in line with the Harley style: some say it will get older faster...
  • exagerated forward controls: I'm 1,73 m (don't ask me in feet... not that tall anyway... :p) and my legs would be too stretched...
Thus, I decided for the Street Bob, more customizable... in the years!
Ah.. last but not least, you save almost 2.000 Euros (similar in dollars I think...)! :s

Ciao
Ugo

I'm with Hobbit, partial to the Street Bob, but I like the styling of the Fat Bob, if it would have been available earlier and I could have found a used one, I might have gone that route. However, when it comes down to it I am happy with my Bob. Also depends what you want to do with it. If you plan on making the SB a 2-up, then may want to just go Fat Bob. Really comes down to what you feel most comfortable on, like the looks of the best, and most importantly, can afford. The SB is cheaper from the start.

I bought the FatBob. Nicest looker out there. Black Denium makes the bike. Fat rear tire with a sit 26 inches off the ground, makes for a great ride.

I'll restate what's been said numerous times when people post asking, "which bike should I buy?" You have to consider the primary type of riding you'll use the bike for - 5 minute run to Starbuck's, daily commuter, numerous long trips, one or two up, etc. Then you need to ride each one, preferably for a couple hours on various road types at all different speeds, ideally back to back for a great comparison. After all that, your heart will tell you which bike to buy.

Good Luck :cheers

If you want the laid back riding style the Street Bob, aggresive twisties the Fat Bob. Both are great bikes.

Good Luck .

I had my heart set on an '04 Deuce so I took one for a test drive and I loved it. I had been thinking about the Fat Bob as well so I took one out for a test as well. The Fat Bob was better on our roads and suited my riding style a lot better so although my heart was with the Deuce the Fat Bob was the more usable of the two. So if you have it down to a choice of two, take your time and test ride them as much as possible and pick the bike that suits you! Safe riding.

Back