free website stats program What`s this country coming to? Was Moved to?? | Harley Davidson Forums

What`s this country coming to? Was Moved to??

cyborg

This thread was Moved and nobody can fine it.

"Check your Calendars people, I’ve checked dozen or more different and only found 1 that had it. There not putting Pearl Harbor Day Dec. 7. On them. I’d like to know why, one of the most important days in our history and there dropping it from the calendars. But there are a lot of calendars that now have all the Moslem holidays on them. The one that really blow my mind was the H-D calendar “Harley Davidson Salutes The Military” NOTHING FOR DEC.7"

I hijacked this thread the last time and I apologize. I'm sure it was removed by the moderators because of the tone and direction it was taking. I am truly sorry for that and will try to show more respect to other members in the future.

I never intended for it to stir things up, just a question to see if other people noticed it too.

I just checked all my calendars and they all show Pearl Harbor day. None show the Islamic New Year.

But my question is why does it upset you so much if the calendars do show Islamic Holidays? Or is it that they forgot to put Pearl Harbor on the in and remembered to put on the Islamic holiday.

I see no problem having Islamic holidays on the calendar. Jewish, Canadian, Austrailian, English, Christian, plus others are listed. Why not Islamic?

There are many different faiths in the world. And there are many different days that hold special meaning to large number of folks. Remember, the good Ole USA is a melting pot of poeple with many different backgrounds. That why this country is special.

Looked at my calendars and it surprised me that my Harley calendar didn't have it. I think thats disappointing.

But a biker buddy of mine who is a realtor gave me one of his calendars. He has it on his. Good job buddy!!

It seems that alot of people forget that. Our country survives on American's serving their Country. I too question how all the other holidays seem to take presidence.

+1 on that :USA

+2. I have a real issue with the lack of respect & remembrances for the sacrifices our military has made world-wide. Enough on my part or I will be taking a permanent vacation.

This is the response I received after I contacted consumer relations.

Thank you for your email. We appreciate our customers taking the time to contact us.

Since 2005, Publix has offered our customers in the Miami Division, Key West to Vero Beach, a free calendar with valuable coupons inside. The intent of the calendar was to say 'Thank you' to our customers for shopping at Publix and offer them valuable savings. Fans of the calendar have spread the word to their friends, and now customers across our five states request to receive it.
We have made a conscious decision to pull our free calendars for 2010 from our stores due to the omission of Pearl Harbor Day.

When we source our calendar, we ask our supplier to include: National holidays, Independence days, New Year's, Heritage months and Jewish high holidays.

Based on customer requests, our calendars have grown to include Boss's Day, Administrative Assistant's Day, Chinese New Year and Islamic New Year. Since first being included in 2006, the Islamic New Year has fallen on other dates (2006 (1/31), 2007 (1/20), 2008 (1/10), 2009 (12/18). In 2010, Islamic New Year will fall on December 7.

While no one can disagree that Pearl Harbor Day is an important day of remembrance for our country, our free calendar has never included Pearl Harbor Day since it is not a national holiday. Based on feedback we have received this year, if a free calendar is produced for 2011, we will also include Pearl Harbor Day.

As an aside, all the discussion prompted us to research other 2010 calendars. Only one thing is consistent - inconsistencies. No two calendars are exactly the same; some note the New Year's holidays, others don't; some include Patriot's Day and other's don't; and unfortunately, a vast majority of calendars do not include Pearl Harbor Day.

As your community grocer for over 79 years, we would never knowingly disappoint you. We truly regret and apologize for having done that. Our intent was never to exclude important dates or to reduce the importance of any one day. Since our customer base is very diverse, we make every effort to do the right thing, for the most people.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. If we can be of any further assistance regarding this matter, please either call our Consumer Relations toll-free number at 1-800-242-1227, write us at the Publix Super Markets Corporate Office, PO Box 407, Lakeland, FL 33802, ATTN: Consumer Relations, or contact us at our website, publix.com and mention your reference number, # 699566.

Sincerely,

Leslie Spencer

Back