free website stats program What rpm range to run the ultra 2011 103cc | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What rpm range to run the ultra 2011 103cc

I am asking all out there what the best rpm is to run the 103 with a stage one kit and get the best fuel mileage without bogging it down and not going to a stage two kit. I am taking a trip and want to get the most fuel out of the bike if I can keep my heavy throttle hand out of it! I know where not to go with rpm just need someone that has taken some trips and can give a idea on what they have tried. Thanks Alan

I went to Daytona on my stock 10 model ultra and got 48 mpg running 70. Thought that was great. Coming home I hit head winds and it droped to 36 mpg.

Forget about the mileage and run the speeds you need to safely run with or outrun the traffic. A few mpgs, one way or another, isn't going to break the bank. As Bubbie points out, focusing on the ride and enjoyin the trip is what counts.

Forget about the mileage and run the speeds you need to safely run with or outrun the traffic. A few mpgs, one way or another, isn't going to break the bank. As Bubbie points out, focusing on the ride and enjoyin the trip is what counts.

I completely agree dolt. Especially in hazardous situations you always want a gear that will give you instant power to throttle out of trouble.....
And as always, rear tire wear and gas mileage are directly related to the right wrist...

Back