free website stats program What radio to install? | Harley Davidson Forums

What radio to install?

Turk55

Going to ask an open question that I am sure has a large opinion but here it is, thinking about changing my factory radio to something better, something with Bluetooth, USB, and so on. First question what everyone thoughts on what to install and second question is can I still connect to my Harley system to look at codes. :D

I was very close to pulling the trigger on a new radio and I had spent quite a bit of time on the Biketronics site. They offer a lot of nice Sony units and the harnesses that retain all of your original handlebar switch functions.

Never even considered the issue of displaying the HD Diagnostic Codes - great question!

Well DUH your right Breeze3at not sure what I was thinking, this makes decision a lot less painful.

What am I missing? My diagnostic codes appear in my odometer window. How does the radio factor?

Well DUH your right Breeze3at not sure what I was thinking, this makes decision a lot less painful.

And I took the bait right along with Turk55! Didn't even go out and look at my bike before I hit the keyboard and inserted my foot into my mouth.

Going to ask an open question that I am sure has a large opinion but here it is, thinking about changing my factory radio to something better, something with Bluetooth, USB, and so on. First question what everyone thoughts on what to install and second question is can I still connect to my Harley system to look at codes. :D

Here ya go..... get one of these. For only about $28,000 you get a great stereo with USB and bluetooth and they'll even throw in the rest of the bike for free :s

Attachments

• 2014 Electra Glide Ultra Limited.jpg
    2014 Electra Glide Ultra Limited.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 17
on my '09 t/g, dealer said the the factory radio was the only one that would fit. maybe things have changed.wish one would have a thumb drive in it, or accept dvd. you can put a-lot of songs on a dvd.

Going with a Clarion M502 Digital Media Receiver for the setup I am putting together (custom fairing on a Road King). I read too many bad reviews on Sony Marine Audio stuff to go that direction (and have not had good experience with Sony car audio, either). The M502 allows Bluetooth connectivity, USB input, iPod integration and Sirius/XM compatibilty. Also has decent on-board power.

Biketronics sells a JVC with a disappearing tray that stores iPod inside the unit itself. They sell the module that allow your bar controls to work all of it AND they have awesome customer service

Back