What products do you use to protect from Wind/Sun?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Doug_09ultra, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Doug_09ultra

Doug_09ultra Junior Member

As I am an old geezer, but new to riding, I am wondering what products do you use to protect your face from windburn and sunburn. I look bad enough as it is!:newsmile091:

2. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Nothing,from years of welding,and working outside my face doesn't burn.:)

3. ranman469

ranman469 Member

hi
    i live in sunny AZ. i have chap stick and sun block all the time and. i rode 450miles one day it was 85ish and i cooked my face and hands, between the wind and sun. it is dry here. i learned to be prepared

4. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

At least SPF 40 UVA and UVB sunblock. Neutrogena is good. I've had a malignant melanoma and a couple of basal cells and don't really want to aggravate the problem! Burts chapstick works well for dry lips.

Being tough is one thing...being stupid is something else. Protect your skin. It's a very large organ!

5. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

I always wear some type of jacket. Mesh in the summer, of course. I wear a full face helmet most of the time. On the those hot summer days, when I do wear a 1/2 helmet. SPF 30 on my face. I re-apply it when I stop for gas. That's it.

Everything else is covered. Including my hands. 1/2 finger gloves are just about useless if you are trying to protect your hands from anything.

6. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

I use the suntan lotion and then lotion after riding

7. Bait

Bait Active Member

I wear long sleeves, long pants, and gloves whenever I ride. Not big on sunscreen & chapstick; even though I know I should be using it.

8. doj1975

doj1975 Active Member

Bullfrog Marathon Mist. Sprays on, don't have to rud it in and it's not oily. Works great.

9. glw22041

glw22041 Member

I've learned - boots, at least jeans, chaps when its cooler, full gloves, long sleeves and sunblock. Normally wear a 1/2 helmet with face mask if its cold. Sometimes I wear a full helmet when its under 35 degrees.

10. DDogg

DDogg Junior Member

Being Honest, I'm looking forward to burned lips. Winter was to darn long. I have my helmet, googles, gloves, boots, leather (all the time) and long jeans. If the sun is hot enough to burn my lips, cool, I'm riding.