free website stats program What products do you use to protect from Wind/Sun? | Harley Davidson Forums

What products do you use to protect from Wind/Sun?

Doug_09ultra

As I am an old geezer, but new to riding, I am wondering what products do you use to protect your face from windburn and sunburn. I look bad enough as it is!:newsmile091:

Nothing,from years of welding,and working outside my face doesn't burn.:)

hi
i live in sunny AZ. i have chap stick and sun block all the time and. i rode 450miles one day it was 85ish and i cooked my face and hands, between the wind and sun. it is dry here. i learned to be prepared

At least SPF 40 UVA and UVB sunblock. Neutrogena is good. I've had a malignant melanoma and a couple of basal cells and don't really want to aggravate the problem! Burts chapstick works well for dry lips.

Being tough is one thing...being stupid is something else. Protect your skin. It's a very large organ!

I always wear some type of jacket. Mesh in the summer, of course. I wear a full face helmet most of the time. On the those hot summer days, when I do wear a 1/2 helmet. SPF 30 on my face. I re-apply it when I stop for gas. That's it.

Everything else is covered. Including my hands. 1/2 finger gloves are just about useless if you are trying to protect your hands from anything.

I wear long sleeves, long pants, and gloves whenever I ride. Not big on sunscreen & chapstick; even though I know I should be using it.

I've learned - boots, at least jeans, chaps when its cooler, full gloves, long sleeves and sunblock. Normally wear a 1/2 helmet with face mask if its cold. Sometimes I wear a full helmet when its under 35 degrees.

Being Honest, I'm looking forward to burned lips. Winter was to darn long. I have my helmet, googles, gloves, boots, leather (all the time) and long jeans. If the sun is hot enough to burn my lips, cool, I'm riding.

Back