free website stats program What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike

Simple Green, and Mothers Quick detailer. I try to water wash my bike only twince a year, blow it dry with the leaf blower to get all the water off. other than that, I ride it hard and let her get a bit dirty..

Costco has some really soft fiber towels and some Simple Green to get the big grim off. Then out comes the Pledge furniture wax. This stuff is amazing! Bugs do not stick much and I use it right on the windshield also. Easy to use and very quick.

I wash the bike at the local wand car wash and then use the air drier they have. Never used Pledge before so I tried it and it worked great, thanks for the tip.

I've used the Meguire's detail spray with good results, but I'm currently using the Eagle One Wipe and Shine. It's the best that I've used yet!:yes

Two tools that save me a lot of time and improve the final quality of my task.
1. I put the Road King on a bike jack to lift the wheels off the ground.
2. Air Force Master Blaster, knocks all the hidden water away.

Generic auto soap for hard water.
Bleche White for the white walls. (highly recommended)
Turtle wax to buff out the scratches on the paint.

Various soft brushes and microfiber towels.

In between baths i have a bottle of Griot's speed shine, not completely happy with this. (Free at car show) It cleans bugs and spots off very easily, but seems to leave a haze. I usually go over again with a fresh microfiber towel.

I will try some Pledge based on the opinions of others here, thanks.

Last edited:
I've become a Pledge convert too. However, with a Vivid Black bike, I've found that using some scratch remover, followed by a couple of coats of glaze, then wax is required periodically.

S-100, Air Force Blaster, Never Dull (to get stuff off the chrome), and Pledge on a regular basis.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad for my hubby, but I have moved the pledge out to the garage. :D I use it more there!.

Back