free website stats program What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike

Stopped in at Dollar store and picked up a couple of dusters. One is a long handled on for doing behind saddle bags, and the other is a short handled mushroom brush for doing large flat areas. I am very pleased with the results. We are spending the winter in the Ocala Forest in Florida and we get a lot of pollen dust.

Ken

Glider,
Spray on and wipe/buff off?

Light spray on the clean bike ( can be used on the entire bike chrome and paint except the tires) then just wipe off turning the soft towel over as you wipe.I have a few old hand towels that I use that have been washed in fabric softener that work real nice.

I use "Driwash' n Guard Waterless Carwash" for my bike truck and car. You see people driving around with signs on their cars "Waterless Car Wash Ask Me How" You stop them and they will sell it to you and you can sell it yourself if you want (like AMSOIL) I don't sell it but I've used it for 8 years. SHINE SHINE SHINE
and the dust and road grime doesn't seam to stick to it very well. It's hard at first getting your head around the fact that you don't wash the bike first. I haven't found it to scratch the paint. on any of my toys. Carry a small amount with me when I'm riding on a holiday. Use as directed and a micro cloth.

I use micro fiber cloths, Meguiars Gold Class car wash and wax for the paint and chrome. The wax adds depth
and slightly darkens the paint, Mothers aluminum polish. And S100 engine brightener for the black powder coated parts.

autoglym all over,looks great on my ride,brings out the bling on all my blingy bits:bigsmiley24:

I always used S100 on my XL1200c. I just sold it last weekend and the buyer said that the bike looks like new. I'd have to agree and attribute it to keeping it clean (especially after long rides). When I get my FLHRC, I plan on using S100 again. However, I've picked up some great ideas on polish and other care from everyone else here - thanks!

Back