free website stats program What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike

Re: What do you use to clean and polish?

I like the Meguiar's cleaner wax in paste form picked up at Walmart. I tried the detailer, didn't work nearly as well as some spray and wipe in aersol can I got at a motorcycle shop. I don't remember the name.

Well I probably over do it !..I have a Black and Chrome Road King ( lol ) So to make a Black bike look good takes a little extra effort. To wash I use Mequiars Gold wash. Rinse off with cold water to start. Wash bike then blow dry with a leaf blower. I use a Micro Fiber Cloth ..its called Streak-Free..can purchase online ..anyone who has not used this cloth, you won't believe how good it works. Then when I wax I use the easiest wax I ever used and IMO the best . Its called RejeX made in Dallas Texas by CT ( Corrosion Technologies )..Apply with a flannel rag ( purchased from a fabric store )..and wax off with a flannel rag as well..I use Mothers liquidl chrome cleaner/polisher....use as directed per manufacture..then I wax the chrome with RejeX...I've used lots of different detailer..S100..Pig Snot...Geez don't know how many different ones I've used..they are all good...but finally found one thats great ..problems with them is ya can use too much...but now I've found one thats blew my socks off...its made by Turtle Wax ..called ICE...from Auto Zone..but am sure its sold everywhere.its a synthetic spray detailer..and for any scratches or swirls the very best product IMO is HD scratch and Swirl remover...little elbow grease here...(not like a super fine rubbing compound) that can scratch the finish ...so there ya have it....but of everything I do probably the greatest thing I have is the Micro Fiber Cloth ...the Streak- Free ones..everyone should have a couple of these .Dang ! forgot how to post a pic of the bike are I could show ya what it looks like ....But after reading some other post on this subject...I looked at and bought some stuff called Capt. Richards Best...and Bombs Away...been too cold to go clean her up with the new products...but when I do will let ya know what I think...lol..I take great pride as do every Harley owner I know to keep the bike looking its best...and always looking for a easier way to accomplish this...lol

Ive been using the Meguiar's for a few years on the scooter. I use all 3 steps. then use the spray detailer for quick touch ups.
I did run across something new this year, While I was at the local Autozone to pick up some wax, they demonstrateed the "Eagle One, Never Dull Wadding Polish" which can be used on all metals. I first tried it on some old chrome parts that were laying around before I tried it on the good stuff. Man what a difference this stuff makes. The can consist of wadding in the can with the polish in it. Just tear off a small amount. I ended up doing all the chrome on the bike. Got to do the wife's bike next.:skipping

Always looking for better products...thanks for the info..I looked into it..gonna give the stuff a try...Liked what a few of the Biker magazines had to say about the stuff...I had never heard of it ..but always willin to try stuff if its better...:D

for waxing the best Ive found is Mequiars synthetic. I bought some and now everyone in the garage is using it. Great stuff

never dull is great stuff try it on any polished aluminum. It will shine like its chrome

I use never dull also for difficult stuff but for detailing I use ACE IT. Great stuff for paint, windshields, and chrome any surface at all. Doesn't leave a film and is not a patrolium product. seeitshine.com
I had a problem with s100 products giving a blue haze on black paint this doen't do that.
I have also used pig snot.
When I show my bike it takes about 8-10 hours to get it cleaned.
DaltonandBikeShow045.jpg

Last edited:
Mequires and micro fiber cloth is about all I use. I use Turtle wax a couple times a year is about it and Mequires about each day I ride. In the rare event I must use a water hose on her, I use a mild dish detergent, rinse and jet air blow. A tip here on problem spots. On chrome and glass,, 0000 steel wool cannot be beat and will not scratch or dull, this stuff will truly amaze you. Do not use it on paint.

Back