free website stats program What manual to use | Harley Davidson Forums

What manual to use

What manual do you guys use. I got an 2005 roadking custom and was wondering if the clymers is what everybody uses or is there a better one. I try to do all the maintenance myself on my vehicles that way if I breakdown I'm not completely lost and might be able to fix it on the road.

What manual do you guys use. I got an 2005 roadking custom and was wondering if the clymers is what everybody uses or is there a better one. I try to do all the maintenance myself on my vehicles that way if I breakdown I'm not completely lost and might be able to fix it on the road.
Harley manual.Also,a parts catalogue with exploded line drawings is a pretty
good idea.Augments the manual nicely.

Yep, What they said. :bigsmiley8: I bought a Haynes manual and used it to work on my 90 FLHS. I didn't like the print and it didn't give you the details the HD Factory manual gives. When I bought my 2008 in November, the first thing I did was order a factory manual for it. Of course it took a little while to get as for some reason it was unavailable when I bought the bike but it was by far the most worthwhile investment I made for this bike as I like doing most of the maintenance work myself.

Right. Factory service manual for your model and year is an essential part of your tool box. Some shops will have these on the discount pile, so look there first.

Also useful (but not essential) is the HD Parts manual again for your model and year.

Finally, for your model and year, you might consider the electical system diagnostic manual (this is on the luxury side of needs). You will need something to tap into the computer for the trouble codes like Daytona Sensors Twin Scan II. Makes figuring out all that "spooky" stuff easier.

TQ

Back