free website stats program What Lift? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Lift?

Here's another thing about the OTC lift. It lowers real slow. Even with wife's great big Spyder it lowered nice and slow.:bigsmiley11:

The cheapest way would be to get a set-up that has two steel rollers that are fastened in parallel together. You just run the bikes wheel up on it. With the bike setting on the kickstand. you just turn the wheel by hand and clean the rim as needed. I personally have a table lift and a lift that slides under the frame. What I like about this type is that its not actuated with hydraulics. It is a screw jack and I can raise or lower it one handed while sitting down. Makes lining up an axle and a wheel very easy. And if you dont have the lock set. It will not come down! Unless you want it too.

zoood

I have an old red Torin lift, which if I remember we bought at Harbor Freight for like $60.00 or so. Maybe about twelve years ago, zero problems.

Works great, but....

Don't take the front tire off when the lift is centered - 'cause it won't be balanced once you take the tire/wheel/weight off. Bike didn't fall, but it was kinda' scary!

Same goes for the rear wheel. I put a garage jack just in front of the swingarm, and favor the front of the frame with the Torin lift. Nice and sturdy then.

I use it about once a month for a good cleaning of the bike, works fine.

Bob

The cheapest way would be to get a set-up that has two steel rollers that are fastened in parallel together. You just run the bikes wheel up on it. With the bike setting on the kickstand. you just turn the wheel by hand and clean the rim as needed. I personally have a table lift and a lift that slides under the frame. What I like about this type is that its not actuated with hydraulics. It is a screw jack and I can raise or lower it one handed while sitting down. Makes lining up an axle and a wheel very easy. And if you dont have the lock set. It will not come down! Unless you want it too.

zoood

Could we get a picture of your lift you slide under the frame. Table lift here also and I'm looking for something like that. Thanks!:breakdance:cheers

I like the Pit Bull. One of the most expensive but very stable and lifts the highest of any except a table lift. Made in TN. Google $20.00 bike lift and you should be able to find plans for a simple lift that will raise front or back individually for wheel cleaning and most basic maintenance.

I bought a Torin "Big Red" lift about three months ago. It works great with my Heritage Softail. Balance is good, lift and lower control is positive and very controlled. Nicely built, heavy construction. I made a good choice in my opinion. Looked at the HF and Sears lifts, not the same quality as the Torin. I also downloaded plans to build a lift. You can make it as heavy duty as you want. Just remember, you need to move it around sometime.

Back