free website stats program What Kind Of Tires....??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Kind Of Tires....???

Still, I want new shoes before heading out on a 4,000 vacation I have plannned

I am running Metzlers 880's and will buy them again when the time comes.. They are sticky tires and I don't expect long life out of them. Tops 8-9K on rear but that's OK.

If you go with the 880's,,remember to run the correct pressures which are spooky high (45 psi) compared to all other brands. Get the highest load rating (probably 79) you can get in your size also.

I am running Metzlers 880's and will buy them again when the time comes.. They are sticky tires and I don't expect long life out of them. Tops 8-9K on rear but that's OK.

If you go with the 880's,,remember to run the correct pressures which are spooky high (45 psi) compared to all other brands. Get the highest load rating (probably 79) you can get in your size also.

I had those on a VTX1300, a fairly heavy scoot, and got over 15,000 on them front and back. I also had Avon Venom on my Gold Wing and was over 10,000 on them with plenty left. No. More. Dunpops.....

I also had Avon Venom on my Gold Wing and was over 10,000 on them with plenty left.

That is great mileage (15K on 880's). On the factory rear K591 I got about 9K to the wear bar. Now with 5K on 880's, wear bar is coming up fast (rear only). Once at wear bar, I start looking for new tires. NHRA has proved that Bald tires are OK (even preferred) for dry weather but we have rain 4 days out of 7 during the summer time. It maybe rains only for an hour but you will hit wet roads.

No burn-outs ever. Just jack-rabbit starts when light turns Green.:)

On those dunlop you have I got 13-14,000 on rear and 27,500 on front like clock work. they are about the best tire on the market for that bike for all a round riding.
And I did not run the tires down to the limit.
I that bike went through two sets in 11K someone needs to get out of the burn pit.

Truly, I don't treat my scoots like that. Clutch work and tires, etc, are too expensive to treat badly. I ride lots of highway miles @ a few over the speed limit, and corner quickly...that's about the extent. So, I based a "second set" @ 11,000 miles on what peeps are saying about low mileage on Ultra Classics.....I will have a set of Metz or Avon in a month and will treat them well, and will report on them later this year. BTW, if this is the orginal tires, they have over 15,000 on them with several thousand left in them, so I hope you are correct, Sir.:s

Back